DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Animal Mother
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The code sheet stickied was very helpful, only problem is I dont know what they mean.

0440-Evaporative Emission System (EVAP)
0441-Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow
2175-low airflow/restricted airflow

can anyone shed some light on these issues? Im going to clean the TB this weekend and see if that helps the low airflow code. Seems funny to pop a low airflow code when I have this bigass intake under my hood.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The "airflow" has to do with the vapor pressure related to the gas tank. Not the throttle body and for god's sake not the blower fan.

A "leak pump" is used to pressurize the tank slightly above ambient to be sure the fuel vapors make it to the engine to be burned. The Feds require that the PCM track this, so Dodge sticks a little pressure sensor on the tank that freak out if the pressure in the tank isn't what its suppose to be.

Long story short: You probably left your gas cap off or loose while the engine was running. This is the most common cause for that collection of codes.

Clear the codes, check your Gas cap and see if or when the codes come back

Diablo rules!

·
Animal Mother
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could this be causing my truck to go into limp mode while on the highway? Every road trip I take at least once or twice the truck will stall a little bit and go into "limp mode" I guess and the Electronic Throttle Management light starts flashing at me.

·
6.05 at 54.66 in the dirt
916 Posts
I tend to get the EVAP codes when the weather changes quick here in Va, only gotten then four times prob since I bout the truck new in 04.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You're getting a P2175 right?

Sorry I looked at the wrong code. The P0440/P0441 codes are stupid gas cap codes by the p2175 is more serious and its very likely its causing your limp issues.

This codes sets when the manifold pressure is lower than the PCM thinks it should be.
This is from the LX manual but the probable causes are the same in a truck as they are in the cars.

Possible causes
RESTRICTED AIR INLET SYSTEM
RESISTANCE IN THE (F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
(F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN THE (K1) MAP SIGNAL CIRCUIT
(K1) MAP SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN (K900) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
RESISTANCE IN THE (F855) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
(F855) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN THE TP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT
TP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN THE (K922) TP SENSOR RETURN CIRCUIT
MAP SENSOR
TP SENSOR
PCM

·
Animal Mother
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry im not incredibly knowledgeable on this stuff so can you dumb that down for me a lil bit? or any idea on how to fix it?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
your low air flow is probably coming from your bigass intake, the mass aiflow sensors not getting the right reading. the P0440-GENERAL EVAP SYSTEM FAILURE is just that a failure in the system, most likely the nvld assembly

·
Animal Mother
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you have any advice on fixing either one of those issues? Ive got a 200 mile trip tomorrow to get home where i can work on it. But in the next week ill be putting another 800 miles on it so Id really like to fix the limp mode issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
your low air flow is probably coming from your bigass intake, the mass aiflow sensors not getting the right reading.
Hemi's and nearly every other Chrysler/Dodge ever made never had a Mass Air Flow sensor.
If you're really a mastertech, its not from wrenching on Chryslers

do you have any advice on fixing either one of those issues? Ive got a 200 mile trip tomorrow to get home where i can work on it. But in the next week ill be putting another 800 miles on it so Id really like to fix the limp mode issue.
Start by checking for a restriction between the throttle body and air cleaner.

Then check your MAP sensor and its wiring. here's where it is:

·
Animal Mother
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for you help, ill give this a look when I get back home

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also check the Pedal Position sensor. There's a cable running from the gas pedal to a module under the hood near the cowl. Be sure the cable is connected properly and the wiring is in good shape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.