DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off ill preface this by saying i did a search! Now, onto my question..

i am looking for pics or opinions of a 3" body lift for my 01 1500 4X4. Im not a serious off-roader by any stretch of the imagination. i am just looking for that 'meaner' look - ya know, to stand out in the crowd.

Anyways, pics of your 3" body lift with 315's would be preferred, however i will take your opinions about how a 3" body lift with my 315's will look.

As you can already tell by my sig, my torsion bars are cranked 1.5".

Thanks guys, everyone is always very helpful here!

Russ

p.s. - is there even a 2" body lift? i still need to fit in the parking garages downtown!

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
there may be a 2 inch body lift. i know they make 1-2-3 inch body lifts. 3 being the biggest made and most of the time the biggest legally in most if not all states. a 3 inch body lift looks great on the dodge trucks. a lot of vehicles show too much frame....chevys already show frame as it is and with a 3 inch body lift look horrible. get a set of rear fender well liners and they will cover the frame/body gap and keep your truck looking clear and keep it easier to clean. when i do it all over again with my next dodge, 3 inch body lift, torsion bar crank and 35s till i can afford the 4-6 inch suspension kit. check out performance accessories for their 3 inch lift kit. they are pretty thorough and most likely will have EVERYTHING you need, blocks, bolts and bracketry

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heres a picture of mine with 3 inch body lift and 305/70/17 Good year MTRs. They measure 34.1, real close to 315's.

http://www.dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/showownerpic.ten-u-8429-n-220170-pos-1-album-18411[/URL]

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im just afraid the 3" too much and will make the 315's look like training wheels.. :dunno: anyone else care to chime in? 74 views, someone has to have an opinion. :dunno:

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
actually Craig he has true 35x12.50r17's now

a little bit taller than 315's but not much, I'm honestly not a fan of 315's

·
5,089 Posts
lol 315's are 34.4 " inflated, but closer to 34.1 with the weight of the truck on it

no disrespect craig! lol

still close enough to get a look though :D

3" body lift, cranked torsion bars, and an average 34.5" tire would look great, don't worry

·
5,089 Posts
lol

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone found a 3" body lift for the 05 rams? everywhere i search, PA included, only has up to 04.

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats what I was telling myself but was a little skeptical because of the info on PA's website about it only being up to an 04. Ive sent them an emial, but in the meantime if anyone has an 05 ram with a body lift, where did you get it from.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
02-05 is the same. 06 is the change

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 04 kit will work for the 05, #60123 I believe. The only difference maybe the end of your steering shaft where it will slide into the steering shaft extension in the kit. Dodge has two different size shafts, very small difference. One is like .575 and the other is .675. Not a whole lot of difference, but like she say's, "size does matter." Had to through that in there. :thatfunny Suposedly starting in 04 depending where your truck was built determined what shaft you got in your truck. The trucks made in Mexico got the slightly bigger shaft. That's what I have, the BIGGER shaft. :evillaugh All kidding aside, the kit currently comes with the smaller steering shaft extension. If you need the bigger one like I did, all you have to do is contact PA Performance and they will send you the right one over night and send out a call tag for the return of the other one. They were great to deal with.

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
any way to check on the size before I ordeR? i cant have my truck on the DL for 2 days. hell, Ill probably just order both shaft extensions and return the one i dont need. do you have pics of your truck? What year is your truck?

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im an idiot, nevermind about the year/pics of your ride.

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
did you install the body lift yourself? if so, how difficult was it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.