DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Getting my life back!
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in order to keep the lifetime powertrain warranty on my rearend i was thinking about getting a set of 3.92's and running them with my stock 265/70/17's. i was just wondering if anyone out there had that combination and was it a good one? does it have pretty good pep at start up and how good does it tow. any info would be nice. thanks!

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I thought the 08-09 trucks would have an R&P option of 4.10? If you could put the Dodge 4.10 R&P in your truck, you should be able to maintain the Life Time Warranty.

:D

·
Getting my life back!
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well unless my service guys are idiots...(which is very possible) they said for the 06-08 axle, 3.92's were the lowest gears offered.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
According to ringpinion.com, the 06 uses a 9.25" rear just the 03-05. That rear could go as far as 4.88.

Don't know about the '08 rear diffs. What does it say in your glove box?

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
well unless my service guys are idiots...(which is very possible) they said for the 06-08 axle, 3.92's were the lowest gears offered.
3.92's are the lowest gears that will fit on the 06 - 08's. Starting late 05 the rear-ends are built by American Axle Manufactors NOT Chrysler and are smaller towards the passenger side of the housing which is where the 456's rub because they are a thicker gear.. The gears have to be installed and set, turned by hand to mark the housing then dissasembled and the housing is ground where the marks are for clearance..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.