DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about swappin out my trusty 239 for an 8. is it worth swaping a 5.9 over a 4.7 even tho theres barely any power difference? is there a big difference in exhaust tone between the two? is the swap generally straightforward or is there a lot of customizing involved? also, i just swapped a 3.92 rear in, but its only 8.25", will that handle the 8, or would i have to spring for the 9.25" rear as well. and will the nv3500 tranny handle the 4.7/5.9? any help would be great, ive posted on other sites with basically no response!

·
Registered
263 Posts
the 5.9 is a great engine imo and like Hemidak said u can use ur v6 trans, i have read bout many swaps like this and some have good luck with the trans others not so lucky, i would add a shift kit personally, there was a ext dak on here that did the swap i remember reading bout some time back u probably could search for that thread and get some good pointers

·
Registered
6 Posts
NOT TO STEAL THIS THREAD BUT..... do you have to have a powertrain out of the same year truck and everything?? Because I found a 360 with trans for 500$ motor needs to be rebuilt but 500 and the tranny was just rebuilt with dayco parts. Its the engine computer harness and everything, dont know the year but I have an 02 quad with a 3.9 i want to do the swap but worried about things like fuel delivery, motor mounts, exhaust, will my gauges and everything work the same... any help would be great websites with a how to anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.