DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have a 3.7 with a throttle body spacer? If so, have you noticed an improvement as far as horsepower, throttle responce, or fuel economy? Much thanks guys.

· Registered
839 Posts
A spacer almost always adds a few ponies. It does so by increasing the amount of air in the the plenum of the motor. This fact has been dyno proven many times over. The people that say they don't do crap should look into tuning the motor more.

· Registered
9,836 Posts
They dont do anything on a Multi Port fuel injected engine... This is a FACT.

The spacer is intended to do two things... It suposed to give the air&fuel more time to atomize and it will aid as a heat barrier from your hot intake manifold and keep the Carb cooler. On carbs the there is small tubs with fuel in them... when the carb gets hot it heats up the fuel and thats not good for power.... So a spacer would help eliminate that....

Now on a Carb or TBI (Throttel body Injection) thats a different story as I do use a spacer on my Pontiac 350ci with a 650cfm carb... and in that case not all spacers are created equal... My 350 did not like a 1" spacer nor did it like a 2" spacer... but it makes BEST power with a 1.5" spacer .... so its somthing you need to paly with.

Your 3.7L is Multi port fuel injected. This means your fuel in introduced at the end of each intake runner... your intake manifold is DRY meaning there is only air flowing through it. So there is NOTHING to MIX and there is no need for the spacer. I have PERSONALY watched as a 4.7L lost 3-4HP after installing a POWER AID spacer... and after the POWER AID was removed the 4.7L regained the 3-4HP it had lost....

Personaly you would be better off talking to Dan at FAST MAN and getting a performance throttle body. He can hook you up with a bored out throttle body to help make more POWER.... this is a REAL mod... not SNAKE oil for your multi port fuel injucted engine.

Do your research and you will soon learn that your throttle body spacer has NO PLACE under your hood.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.