DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so of the 3.7 owners on here How many are fine with the power and how many think it is way Underpowered ? Ive got a cousin gettin ready for their first vehicle and theirs a 02 White Reg cab 3.7 ram goin for around $7,000 which from the looks of it was a steal. Hes got quite the lead foot.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
throttle body, powerwire, air scoop and a decent exhaust and he will be happy with how it feels. Im hoping to get a throttle body soon. I love the power but of course, nothings like a hemi. It shouldnt be to far behind yours because I was side to side with a 4.7 until 55+mph.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the thing I dont want him to have a fast truck. I let him drive mine and he smoked the tires everytime He pulled out I finanly had him pull over and I drove it home.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
oh trust me, 3.7s cant spin tires as great as a v8. He would have to power break it for about 5 seconds before he got them smoking. The v6 is not a fast truck unless you intend on making it faster. Since he has aheavy foot I suggest he doesnt go with an 8 and he takes advantage of that good price. I bought mine brand new for double that.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol alright sounds good then. Thanks man. the truck has I believe 90,000 miles on it. But with the track record of the 3.7/4.7 engines I think thats low milage lol.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't think that the 3.7 is WAY underpowered, however it is less powerful than the larger displacement V8's for sure. It seems with the 3.7 it's more of a case of requiring a longer response time to reach the same level as opposed to being greatly overpowered by the V8's response.

Heavy foot + first vehicle? Go with the 3.7L and let him upgrade as possible.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
My truck has 21K on it and only had a problem when I first got it. Dealership fixed it after the second time at 3k miles and never went back since. Dodge Rams all look a like which is nice so noone has to know what he has under the hood ;)
PS since hes getting it cheap, thats more money towards gas and fixing it up to his liking such as rims and such.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No doubt it'll be his top priority. I expect rims will be on it in the first two weeks. He worked out around 10,000 so he'll have some spare change. lol

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
jordanp123 said:
No doubt it'll be his top priority. I expect rims will be on it in the first two weeks. He worked out around 10,000 so he'll have some spare change. lol
thats good, I can see something like this being good
truck = 7,000
rims = 1,000 - 1,200
rollpan = 200
street scenes bumper = 400
stereo = 800

thats what I would pretty much do with 10k

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha I'll suggest it and see what he says. More than likely he'll go crazy with it in no time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.