DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here. I have a question about the 3. 7 liter, which I have in my Ram. I am planning a cat back single exhaust dumped out the side before the rear wheel, a CAI of some sort, throttle body spacer, and the JET chip. The question I have is which chip would you recomend, I am not going to be racing the truck, and drive it every day and dont want to run premium gas if I dont have to.

Thanks in Advance,

Jeremy

·
Registered
801 Posts
Most people here are against the Jet chips saying they can fry your pcm/ecm, but I have a stage one on mine and am happy with it. Check out autoanything.com and google for coupons for their site to get one at a decent price. It recommends 89 octane with the stage one which I have been using, but you can use 87. The TB spacer is a complete waste of money, my advice is to go here http://www.thefastman.com and get a ported TB and send him your old one, it only costs 190 after core and everybody says it's worth it. For CAI I got a spectre, but there is a cheaper knockoff here which others have used http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQDodgeQQRam_1500QQKool_VueQQCold_Air_IntakeQQ20032004QQKV4401181K.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chambers, thanks for the info.

Tajm, thanks for helping me change my mind about this forum. I will be sticking to the "other" Dodge forums where people arent so rude.

·
Registered
637 Posts
He makes a good point! Searching for stuff on your own can always benefit as you can find the sorts of deals you're looking for. I also own a 3.7L and there are quite a few mods under the hood that I've done to restore some power to this motor. Jet Chips aren't too bad but they arent anything compared to a tuner. I also am running a Trueflow XDI Intake as well as JBA Short tube headers. The headers really made a difference in the tone of the sound too. As far as exhaust and the rear end goes, I am running a Flowmaster 50 series with dumped duals and the gear ratio was changed from 3.73's to 4.56's. Just do some research and when you get confused on something, that's what we have the forums for!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.