DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found an answer to Scotts question ??
im having the same exact problem with a 2005 ram.
been to the dealer twice and still no answers ..
they updated the software in the Engine Control Module
still no help ... thanks in advance ..

following is Scotts post::
Post #1
hey guys,
i have a 4 day old dakota and the 3.7 stumbles or misses at idle sometimes as well as shudders right as it goes into overdrive. i have a 3.93 rear end and between about 41-50 mph i feel the truck shaking and the engine feels like its missing. other than that it runs great. any idea as what it could be, i am taking it into the dealer friday and just dont want to be fed a line of bs. i have read about this problem on other boards but no correction has been found and people seem to be living with it while dodge finds a fix, something i find unacceptable on a 4 day old truck. any reccomendations? thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
your not alone

my ram had 7000 miles on it when it did that. but i have a manuel tranny. it turned out being a broken valve spring. dealer said it was bad gas and charged me $147. a day later the spring broke and the valve took out the piston. my truck was in the shop morethan three month's at 5 different times in the first 6 month's of owner ship. have them take a look under the valve covers.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
I hope you can duplicate it or them or show them a code otherwise they'll just hand you back the keys. That's what they're doing with my T_C stalling issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, that was my post, I should check this site more often. It turned out the engine is very rough at lower RPM's they said it was a result of a uneven firing of the v-6 engine and pulling so much HP out of a small engine... umm yea right. regardless the fix is they flash the comp so that the torque converter doesnt lock up in overdrive until the engine reaches a RPM level where it is smoother. So pretty much it just delayed my TC lockup about another 250 rpms. i have yet to see any negative effects on gas milage from this "fix". it is smoother now though

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Dealerships suck. I swear I will never ever take my vehicle to dealer. The only thing they are in business for is to take your money, then screw you in the service dept.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Dodgevanman said:
Dealerships suck. I swear I will never ever take my vehicle to dealer. The only thing they are in business for is to take your money, then screw you in the service dept.
Service Department, huh? So that's what "they" call it. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.