DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a set of the 3.7 headers is there anyway you could measure the distance from the motor to the farthest part of the header going straight to the side? The headers are made for the Rams and I have a Dakota, I have tried to get in contact with a few dealers to try and get the measurments but I am just curious to see if they would fit. I just need to see how much clearance I will have. Thanks guys

·
Registered
801 Posts
I'll see if I can get you a couple measurements when mine cool down.

Looks like 3 3/4 inch on the passenger side which is the one that sticks out the most and 3 inches on the driver side. Really you need to find a local vendor or somewhere that won't hassle you w/ return fees so you can check if they'll fit b/c there are a lot of things that could get in the way. If you do the headers I'd make it one of the last mods b/c for me it was really the one I felt the least out of.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Yea, I have tried talking to the "all mighty" AirRam but I gues he doesn't know how to check his inbox. What would be the next mod you would suggest? I have a TB, cai, exhaust and now the tuner. I am just running the 87 octane tune right now so on my next fill up I will have to fill it with premium and try that tune.

·
Registered
801 Posts
E-fan is a good mod, do the dakota's have a clutch fan on them? I didn't feel it much on the butt dyno but I gained 1.5 mpg from it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I was lookin into that too, over on another forum a guy put the HHR fan in for like 50 bucks and then the controller was 60 I think. Not bad for a whole setup brand new. What about the underdrive pulley? I have heard good and bad things about them whats your input?

·
Registered
801 Posts
The pulley is a good mod, I felt like it gave me some torque after I put it on. You can get the ASP or the ATI that airram sells, the ATI is supposed to be a better balancer. I haven't had any problems yet w/ my ASP other than having to replace the crank seal b/c it started to drip a little, and Airram ran the ASP for like 90k miles on his truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, I guess we are the only two 3.7's out there that are doin anything haha....

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
There are a few 3.7L's out there who are making enough power to hang with a mildly modded 4.7L... We do have several customers who mod them, many dont post on the forums.

We know the headers will physically bolt into place, its where the primary pipe connects to the exhaust system thats different on the vehicles and between years. SO technically you could install the headers and just have an exhaust shop modify your exhaust to meet up with it. Not quite a bolt in as we would prefer but its doable if you really want to install headers. We have a couple of customers who have done this.

I do have to appologize to anyone who has attempted to contact me and has not been able to reach me. We get 20-30 e-mails a day on our website and I cant possibly answer them all and unfortunately many of the e-mails go un-answered. Also I work for the USAF during the normal duty day and unable to answer the phone until after 1900hrs.

Also, due to lack of time during the 24hr day I dont get onto the forums as much as I used to. I do my best but I do admit that sometimes thats not enough.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sorry man I figured there was more than one person doing all that. I didn't realize you were doing two jobs either. You just keep on keepin on haha.

Thanks for the info too I will talk to a few shops around here and see what how much and how hard a job like that would run

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.