DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Former F150 guy
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3.5" speakers in the dash. No speakers in mine, but is there factory wiring in there?

I was thinking about adding a set of 3.5" speakers in the dash in the factory location. Mine did not come with the speakers from the factory. I was wondering if they still ran speaker wire to these spots. If so, could I just hook my speakers up and they would work?

(I also have an '88 Mustang LX and even though there were no door speakers from the factory, the wiring was there and it worked.)

·
Registered
504 Posts
i dont know about wiring and i need to know as well but i do know crutchfield has a set of kicker 3.5s for 40 bucks. and i want to install some.

·
bubba
1,561 Posts
the dash cover pops off real easy. just look under the holes. mine has the infinity system so the wires were there b/c there were speakers there. now replaced with infinity reference 3.5's and its 100x better

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
if you have the 4 speaker base system there are no wires. It will take you longer to put in you credit card information on a website to order the speakers than it will to run the wires

·
Banned
470 Posts
on my slt (non infinity) there were no wires behind the pannel

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
I added some Pioneer 3.5s on my 02 SLT. When you pop off the top dash panel you can see its pretty easy. What I did was put the speaker wires through the 2 speaker holes on the ends of the dash. Then I ran the wiring into the center speaker hole, in the middle of the dash. From there you can fish it right behind the deck. I'm sure there are other ways, thats just how I did it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I added some Pioneer 3.5s on my 02 SLT. When you pop off the top dash panel you can see its pretty easy. What I did was put the speaker wires through the 2 speaker holes on the ends of the dash. Then I ran the wiring into the center speaker hole, in the middle of the dash. From there you can fish it right behind the deck. I'm sure there are other ways, thats just how I did it.
Thats how I did my Kicker 3.5s. Just drop the wires through the center hole and its easy to grab them.

·
Former F150 guy
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info everyone!!!

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
What are yu guys using to power those speakers? I don't think it will sound very good with them in paralel with the front door speakers.

·
Premium Member
22,962 Posts
I just ran tweeters in mine - ran them off the crossover.. but I've heard people running them right off the front speakers - no problem.. they do not require alot of anything.. so it doesn't take much to power them..

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
I like the idea of throwing a set of tweeters in there.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
When I did it I had just added a Pioneer CD deck. So I ran the 3.5"s off the front channel of the deck, the stock rear 5.25"s I ran off the rear channel. Then I used an amp to power my 6x9 door speakers and sub.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.