DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about cuting the front spring for another inch drop and moving the leaf spring/shackle.

would 305 50 20 tires work, i beleive they are 32 inch tall tires.

my overload is off, i have a flip kit, and aftermarket springs in the front.

possible?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
You'll be pushing the limits up front and likely rub a bit. The rear will be close, but may get some rub. I ran stock 275/60-20s with a 2.5/5 drop and rubbed the front like crazy and the rear a bit too. Now that I am running 295/50-20s I occasionally scrape the front and never hit the back. But I don't know your offset and wheel width.

KB

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
If your going to cut a drop springs you may have problems with a alignment...

·
new2 dis truck Shi*
67 Posts
adamsredlines said:
My 5/7 drives straighter and more responsively than my 2/4 or 4/6 ever did :D
Guess its all in who does the alignment :rck:
Do you have pics of your 5/7 drop ..this is what i have been thinking about also..either 4/6 or 5/7

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would agree that cutting coil will cause problems down the road.

I wanted my chevy to sit really low. So, I bought a 4/6 drop and set of 2" shackles. After I assembled it it looked cool, but the front needed to be a little bit lower. So I cut the coils. It looked really cool for a month or two. But after that they started to settle and then it started to lean to one side. The guy at the shop where IO bought the kit at said that he does not recommend cutting the springs But if you do, cut no more than a 1/4 turn of the coil, and use a sawzall to keep some heat off the spring. I personally just put the 2" coil back into it and left it a little high in the front.

·
Registered
337 Posts
dont cut the springs.....bad joo joo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.