DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Suckin Gas & Haulin A$$
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to lift my 2wd truck (02 Ram, QC)4"-6". i am trying to figure which one is the best. There are very few options as in Fabtech 6", CST 4",6" or 7" and also Rough Country 3",5.5". I am wanting to get some opinions on what you guys like and dont like. If you know of any others please let me know. Any help is always better than none.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts

·
Suckin Gas & Haulin A$$
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the Rough Country in Petersons 4 wheel Drive. You cant beat the price of it compared to the others at $1000.00 bucks.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
yeah, no kidding, I asked around, and no one said anything about it being a bad kit

·
Suckin Gas & Haulin A$$
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a buddy that put a Rough Country lift on his Jeep and it rode good and it was a good complete kit.The only down fall was that it sagged a little, i think it started out around 4" and ended around 3.5"

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
how long did he have it until it started sagging?

·
Suckin Gas & Haulin A$$
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When we noticed it was about 1 year down the road. But it never sagged any more than that, over the next 3 years.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
ramming dodge if you use the spindles like we talked about before it shouldnt sag because the slindles are metal. your wouldnt be replacing the springs so it shouldt sag if it does the spinlde is bent

·
Suckin Gas & Haulin A$$
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But what if you want more than 3"-4" lift? Thats all spindles will lift it, Then everything else is spring and spacers.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
03ramit1 said:
ramming dodge if you use the spindles like we talked about before it shouldnt sag because the slindles are metal. your wouldnt be replacing the springs so it shouldt sag if it does the spinlde is bent
oh ok, thanks. No, all I am looking at is 3-4 inches

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone know what the biggest tire that will fit with a 3" lift. It stands to reason that since these trucks come stock with 33's on 20" wheels that with a 3" lift you should be able to fit a 34.5" tire. Somewhere my logic must be messed up, because fab tech states on there web site that the biggest tire that will fit with their 6" performance lift is 315/70r-17 which comes to 34.5". But again, I saw a 2wd at the lot where I bought my truck with a 3" body lift and it fit 35"s just fine. Would someone help me out, because if I can fit 35's with the 3" spindle lift I will buy it now. Any pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
it depends how high you want to go, all the brands you mentioned are good but cost to much and perform the same as the lower priced kits

·
Registered
201 Posts
abilene said:
Anyone know what the biggest tire that will fit with a 3" lift. It stands to reason that since these trucks come stock with 33's on 20" wheels that with a 3" lift you should be able to fit a 34.5" tire. Somewhere my logic must be messed up, because fab tech states on there web site that the biggest tire that will fit with their 6" performance lift is 315/70r-17 which comes to 34.5". But again, I saw a 2wd at the lot where I bought my truck with a 3" body lift and it fit 35"s just fine. Would someone help me out, because if I can fit 35's with the 3" spindle lift I will buy it now. Any pics would be greatly appreciated.

From looking at mine, it seems height wouldn't be as much of a problem, but rather width. I'd have to look at what all width's a 35" tire comes available in, but they usually aren't as narrow as 33's.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
slammed a "decent price" for me would be about $500 and i know they are not going for that cheep anywhere. so i guess that i am just out of luck. i guess that after i move in july ill take the plunge and by the roughcountry spindles and give them a try. and post some before and after pics allong w/ how i feel about the lift for everyone to know what i think. i am pritty picky too so it will be a really good evaluation.

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
How much lift would you need on a 2wd to fit 33x12.50r20 nitto mud grapplers? I must be losing it but i've kinda started liking the look of the lifted trucks.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
must have been the evils of riding in mine while we were in Dallas lol

you know you liked my vibration, even though falling out of it drunk couldn't have been fun

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
Chauncy said:
must have been the evils of riding in mine while we were in Dallas lol

you know you liked my vibration, even though falling out of it drunk couldn't have been fun
I'm gonna pretend you didn't post that. :eek:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.