DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys. I have a 2003 quad cab 3.7l v6 2wd and i was wondering if you guys may know what size coil spacer i need to not keep the "raked look" ?? I don't know if 2" will get it or not. Would it be better for me to get 3" spindles? Any input appreciated!

·
Daniel
645 Posts
A 3" Spindle or 3" coil spring I got spindles on mine

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did want to take the lowering route! both of those are sick rides guys. But like an idiot i went and got suicided dual exhaust, and they exit right under the body behind the tired, if i drop the drop it's seriously gonna bend the pipes :( how much can i expect to pay for 3" spindles, and will i need longer shocks??

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL Thanks for the bump bro, you beat me to it

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
I don't see how your exhaust will stop you from lowering. It should not be tied to the suspension in anyway, so lowering the truck with shackles and removing the overload will bring everything down equally.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont want to break the welds. But anyway, im now looking to take the spacer route.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
i dont want to break the welds. But anyway, im now looking to take the spacer route.
I guess I just need to see pics of your exhaust setup, I still don't see how a 2" rear drop would require and modification to your pipes.

But anyways, I have some cheap spacers from ebay that gave me just over 2" of lift. They were at 2 1/2" when first installed then settled to about 2 1/4" after a few miles. It looks very level, with the rear just slightly higher, but you really can't tell just from looking. Best this is it only cost me like $35. I have a thread on here somewhere that I can post up that has pics and a good writeup I did for installing the spacers.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I just need to see pics of your exhaust setup, I still don't see how a 2" rear drop would require and modification to your pipes.

But anyways, I have some cheap spacers from ebay that gave me just over 2" of lift. They were at 2 1/2" when first installed then settled to about 2 1/4" after a few miles. It looks very level, with the rear just slightly higher, but you really can't tell just from looking. Best this is it only cost me like $35. I have a thread on here somewhere that I can post up that has pics and a good writeup I did for installing the spacers.
what brand spacer??

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks alot bro. i appreciate the link!

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anybody know about how much 3" lift spindles are? and where i could get them. Also, a question few mentioned, with 2.5 coil spacers... do i replace stock shocks? is it mandatory. Thanks for all the help

·
hemi undercover
86 Posts
no, replacing shocks is not mandatory, im running 2.5" taller coils with stock shocks. if you do spindles, rough country makes 3" and cst makes 4". you can find them for not too bad off a price. i paid 450 for used cst spindles that looked brand new. 3" spindles will take away the raked look. and i would prolly look at ebay for spindles, thats where i got mine. good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.