DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...i need some help if some one can explain. What OHM sub do i get since i only have a 1500W X 1 @ 2 OHM Mono Phoenix Gold Octane R amp. Do i get a 2 OHM or 4 OHM and how would i wire them up since its only 1500 X 1? Please help. Right now im probably going to go with JL Audio 10W6 or Kicker Comp VR's 10's.

Thanks

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to be running 2 10" subs.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which is better 2 or 4 OHM or does it really make a difference?

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Both setups are achieving the 2 ohm load on the amp you were looking for. Only difference is that one setup is of single voice coils and the other is dual voice coils. I would rather use the duals voice coils instead on single voice coils.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks man...ill look for 2 2Ohm DVC subs to put in my fox box.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
You mean 2 4ohm DVC's...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
You mean 2 4ohm DVC's...
Yeah what he said, you want 2 4ohm DVC's

·
Registered
905 Posts
No, KYKILLERKLOWN is correct. (2) Dual coil subs will yield either a 4 ohm load or a 1 ohm load, which will not allow the amp to run its best. He needs a 2 ohm load at the amp. So (2) dual 2ohm load subs in series/parrallel or (2) single coil 4ohm subs in parrallel will yield the right ohm load needed for his particular amplifier.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok...lol i was getting really confused....i knew that was the one i wanted 2 2Ohm DVC. Thats what the pic above is showing right.. Two DVC Subs @ 2 ohms?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yea... I saw SVC, but read DVC... I knew it felt really weird typing that out as I was thinking it.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
KY... can you tell me about runnin multiple subs on a single chanel amp?

Say the amp above... 1500x1 @ 2ohm.

2 4ohm subs can be wired to run at the recommended 2ohm load for the amp.

What RMS and Peak power should the subs be for optimum performance?

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
2 svc 4 ohms subs can wired at either 2 ohms or 8 ohms, with 2 ohms being the optimal draw on the amp out of the two for most amps than can run at 2 ohms stable. 2 dvc 4 ohms subs can be wired at either 1 ohm or 4 ohms. You can get an amp that runs 1 ohm stable to power it, but I dont like running 1 ohms, so I would choose to run at 4 ohms but would require a larger amp since you are not pulling as much power out at 4 ohms. I dont know if the power listed for the example amp is rms or max power. I would assume it might be max power so I would probably look for some subs that run about 400 watts rms for that setup. I am guessing here since I dont really know the real details we are working with here.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Damn, sorry to give the wrong advice I got confused because I was previously running my amp at 2ohms with 2-2ohmDVC's and swapped them out for 2-4ohm DVC's now at 1 ohm. Forgot that I am now running at 1ohm with these subs so hopefully you will see where I messed up. ;)

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
Free advice:
1. The Phoenix Gold OCTANE-R 15.0:1 is only 4-ohm stable in mono according to the Phoenix gold web page.
2. This amp is fused by two 40 amp fuses.

Since the very best amplifiers are only 50% efficient, I thought I would do some math for you:

40amps + 40amps = 80amps total current draw

80amps X 12.5volts X 50% Efficiency = 500 watts

Let the buyer beware

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.