DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little advice for my 2000 R/T transmission shifting from second to 3rd. 91K on it and has never been put through any type of heavy hauling or driving. Just flushed tranny and changed filter. Prior to this shifting was starting to get a little sloppy on that shift. NO better after the flush/filter. Shift is almost as though it is slipping/taking time to shift. Any thougths? Cheers

· Registered
1,067 Posts
2000RT:

Your D has the 46re trans, which has bands that should be adjusted as part of the fluid servicing you have done.

IIRC, one of them can be adjusted from the outside, but the other one (rear I think) requires the pan to be dropped.

If this has not been done, it could be your problem. Also, hopefully your trans was not actually flushed, but had a drain and refill. Flushing is well known to be bad for these trannies. Many folks have had issues come up within 10k after a flusk, and some ended up replaciing their tranny altogether.

I would get those bands adjusted, and go from there. If you read abit more on this forum and others, I think you will see what I mean about the flushes.

Don

· Transmission Man!
3,519 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers

Thanks for that, I changed the fluid/filter myself and did not do a full flush. I did quite a bit of reading around and see what you mean. I have read a few posts about adjusting the bands and sounds quite easy but the last thing I want to do is smoke the tranny with a wrong adjustment. I am also sick of paying out big bucks for a simple job that I can do myself. Any thoughts?

Thanks again

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure..

I read the link you posted and it soesn't quite sound like the same thing. The RPM's don't rise, it just holds at the RPM it makes the shift at for an extra couple of seconds then its a slow drop into gear. ??? Any thoughts?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.