DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When wot especially up a incline my truck makes a pooooof out the exhaust when shifting into third. It sounds like s!!t. And the power completely goes away when in third. I only really open it up when I get on this steep on ramp where the merging of traffic is a race, if you lose you get hung out. I have the aeroturbine 3030 si/so. Could it be the aero muffler or something worse?
Thanks, John

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
I believe the noise is from the areotrubine

Power is a different story

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is the torque management kicking in to ruin all your fun, and protect the tranny. I never heard it until I took my muffler off and ran with just the resonator..........the Hemi puke..........

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey John,

Couple of questions for you. Did you take the resonator off when the Aero was installed?

Which did you do first, the Hypertech or the Aero and which Hypertech program are you currently using?

Assuming the resonator is still in place, I'm wondering if the problem is a result of one of the mods or a combination of both.

If the resonator was taken off, from what PerArdua said, reinstalling it may alleviate the problem.

Keep us posted...

Zach

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I get that sound now since I put on the dual Magnaflow exhaust( never did it with the stock system ). I only get it from 1st to 2nd at WOT though. "HEMI FART" is a great way to describe it. As has been said it is the torque management system killing power to save the tranny during the shift.

Hey DC, better idea. Make a decent tranny and you won't need it!!!!!!!!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Yeah, mine does it too with my borla catback, It is just not really heard with the super quiet exhaust on the stockers.

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
damn, i thought i was the only one, i have magnaflow dual out dumped, its loud from first to second. not too bad second to third, but it only does it at wot.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Mine does it everytime I get into it.

Torque management sux.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Mine used to do it. It didn't do it stock but the louder maganflow made it happen but only shifting from 1 to 2 at WOT. Superchips made the sound go away. Now it sounds great shifting. I guess maybe superchips is better after all.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Josh, spill the beans here man. You are thinking that the Superchips program overrides the torque management system? If so, what program are you using on your truck, the normal octane rating or a higher one?

I'm going to run a search on torque management as until recently, I had no clue we had such, much less an idea as to what it is (still don't, hence the search).

Also, I was under what may be the false impression that the Mercedes derived 5 speed auto in our trucks was awesome. Yikes! :cool:

Sounds as if Superchips may come to our rescue by (insert latest release date here)_________________.

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
Yeah, Superchips eliminates torque managment... Or atleast cuts it back or something.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I love that sound. It really comes in handy when some slow poke has been holding me up and I finally blast past him with a "Hemi Fart" as I roll past. My tips are on the side so it just blows right at them. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think I missed out on that noise. I drop from 2-3 normally if I ease off the gas a little the engine almost puts out no sounds at all and goes abnormaly quiet but nothing else really. Was I spared or am I just not hearing it. Also does the hypertech system cut back the torque managment also?

·
Under Construction
1,013 Posts
I have a magnaflow si/so and no resi and it farts from 1st to 2nd at WOT. Also I have heard that the superchips and hypertec only deminish the torque control a little by like 10 percent or so. The 2003 Hemi has a wire that can be cut to completely turn off the torque control. Some of the guys I know have placed a toggle switch inline with the wire the was cut to be able to run the TCM when not racing or getting on it. I spoke with my tranny guy about it and he says that the Hemi produces enough torque to snap the bands in the tranny if they were to hook up wellm this is why DC developed the TCM. 2004 is controlled through the computer because people were figuring out that you could cut that wire and really notice a gain, but at the same time smoke the tranny. The new programmers only help get a little back from the TCM not enough to warrant the cost of some them, atleast not for me.

Josh

·
Registered
99 Posts
At that point mods arent all mods a waste because the TMS (torque management system) tones them down to lvls the tranny can handle? Also is their a way to replace the bands on the tranny with stronger ones without replaceing the tranny itself?

·
11 seconds or BUST!!!
260 Posts
Mine does it at the 1-2 shift more noticeable than 3-4. It wasn't noticeable with stock exhaust, a little more noticeable when I put the Gibson Supertruck on, I put a cut out on before the muffler WOW BIG FART! Now I have the headers on with cat delete, with cutout open it's obnoxious! Com eon Superchips for 04's!!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
blackwolf - hood

where did you get that cool hood? :rck:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Mine does it but I like it because I don't have to say "excuse me" any more when we're riding around. I just tell her it's that damn Magnaflow again!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
mine does it as well at WOT from 1st to 2nd. I think its sounds like crap to be honest, sounds like a slow cheesy shift like the tranny is slipping, Bwahhhhhhhh. Dodge finally makes a strong engine again and puts a shitty tranny in it,, what a-holes!!!!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I don't know much about tq management but I do know that superchips made that awful sound go away and shift much harder. On the 87 octane and perfomace setting the fart goes away. Towing mode it's still there and i hate it. The best part of superchips was getting rid of that sound.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.