DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've seen a few second gen trucks around here with em, and i had to resist the temptation to rip em off and put my elephant ears on, fair trade, i think:WHT:

anyway, the point of this thread is that i wanna see how the mirrors bolt on, and, i've heard that there is a special piece that ya need to mount em on a truck that didn't come with em:dunno:

so, let's see some pics:rck:

:D

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
my 2002 2500 had them

Attachments

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I would like some on my 1500, ive seen 3500dually had them on his 01 off road

·
Green river boy is here!
118 Posts
Here's my 1998 ram 1500 with the aftermarket mopar mirrors easy to do same as the little mirrors only longer bolts and a bracet on the inside i put mine on by myself.

Attachments

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are they heated/power?

cause i know that there's a couple sets on ebay that are manual that are like 100 bucks a pair

·
Registered
265 Posts
I too want to get a set of these.I know a friend put them on his truck he had a few years ago.They were manual and no heat.The new trucks are powered ,but the older ones aren't as far as i know.I hope to find a set this spring.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
mine were not heated or power on my 2002. The power wagon was power and heated!

·
Green river boy is here!
118 Posts
Mine aren't power just the plain jane mopars got them on ebay from a dealer in tx for $95a piece. at the local dealer they were $250 a piece. best addon i've ever bought, plus makes the truck cooler!!!

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine aren't power just the plain jane mopars got them on ebay from a dealer in tx for $95a piece. at the local dealer they were $250 a piece. best addon i've ever bought, plus makes the truck cooler!!!
if they were power, give me the link to the store:rck:

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you want heated, power towmirrors for the 2nd gen, do what I did a month ago.Go to discountautomirrors.com. Plug and play. Yeah, they are OEM knockoffs, but you can't tell the difference and good prices.

If you are replacing the 6X9 stockers, you have to get a mounting bracket for each side. I got mine off ebay, but you could go to the dealer for this,too.

Great mod and glad I kept the power functions.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you want heated, power towmirrors for the 2nd gen, do what I did a month ago.Go to discountautomirrors.com. Plug and play. Yeah, they are OEM knockoffs, but you can't tell the difference and good prices.

If you are replacing the 6X9 stockers, you have to get a mounting bracket for each side. I got mine off ebay, but you could go to the dealer for this,too.

ok, i may well go to that site, now:rck:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
how far do they stick out when they aren't extended? and are they power extended or do you have to pull them out yourself? only reason i ask is because i tend to smack my mirrors out in the woods.. so i would like them to be able to fold into the truck like the elephant ear ones

·
Registered
878 Posts

Thanks for the info, dwhuber. :D But did you search for those as a 1500? I went to check for my '99 1500, and no power/heated flip-style tow mirrors. I even checked 2500 and 3500, but no go, even for 2002 "old" body trucks...

Anyone find em (Flip-Up Tow Mirrors, Power/Heated) for less than $100.00 each, LET ME KNOW! I'll buy 'em. :D

Daniel

·
Derelict
392 Posts
With the weird Mopar pricing a mirror kit (both mirrors) is cheaper than a single replacement mirror. 2G versions were manual. 3G versions were powered. I've never heard of an adapter bracket to mount a 3G mirror on a 2G truck. You can put a 3G head on a 2G arm but that's a lot of pieces to acquire.

That discountautomirrors.com site doesn't list a 2G powered tow mirror.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i can get em for a lil bit more from shelby(CTDreamin), so i think i'll give him my business;D

·
Registered
878 Posts
I guess I should have just posted a link :D

http://www.discountautomirrors.com/...r=AND(part:Mirror,brand:Kool Vue)&Ns=price8|0

It says 1999-2001 trucks. $118 a piece + brackets. Mines the truck in my signature.
Ahh, that's more like it, Dave! Thanks for the info and link! :D

Now... as far as brackets... Anyone know part number, where to get 'em, and price of these brackets? Local Dealer?

I find it kinda funny Dodge would put these power/heated versions on a 2002 2500/3500 truck, but yet those trucks share the same doors as a 94-01 half-ton pickup? Again, any more info so I can get a set of these mirrors, would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

1 - 20 of 213 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.