DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a short list of performance mods, relatively easily done on the second gen Intrepids. Ill add more. For a how-to or info, start a thread!

1. Autostick -- manual/auto option for transmission shifting -- very easy

2. OTIS (98-01) and EVIC/PSI (02-04) -- the overhead console which displays time, temp, compass, tire pressure, diagnostic info (02-04), etc, available in ES models.

3. 300M Special Sway bar upgrade -- a cheap upgrade with great results- rear sway bar is a piece of cake, and the front is a good Saturday project, but is worth it!

4. 2.7 - 3.2/3.5 conversion -- for those disgruntled 2.7 owners-- or those looking for the best performace upgrade. See the conversion threads.

5. ES Bumper/Fogs -- New bumper cover, fog lamps, and a headlight switch. If you have a base model, this is a nice upgrade.

6. Manual to Auto Temp Control conversion-- one of the more difficult mods, but worth it if you like fully automatic heating-a/c

There are many other ways to customize and upgrade your Trep. All of the LH lines have many compatible parts-- door panels, instrument clusters, etc, etc, etc, from the 300M, LHS, Concorde, etc.

This has got to be one of the easiest cars to add factory mods too. For most mods, the wiring and support is there, and its just a matter of installing the parts. Others are more complicated. Post your current mods, or start a new thread!

·
That guy
826 Posts
now the harder ones.
300m front end fenders bumbper hood.
300m complete interior( heated leather)
and if you really want a lot of work we have a couple peeople we know who have installed a v8 in their car also

·
Registered
94 Posts
9832Intrepid said:
Heres a short list of performance mods, relatively easily done on the second gen Intrepids. Ill add more. For a how-to or info, start a thread!

2. OTIS (98-01) and EVIC/PSI (02-04) -- the overhead console which displays time, temp, compass, tire pressure, diagnostic info (02-04), etc, available in ES models.
Hey Dan.

As requested, I started a thread.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162468

·
Registered
145 Posts
i put in autostick
otis
300M leather heated seats
drilled and slotted rotors
tinted my taillights
aftermarket fogs
300M gauge cluster
LED taillights
K&N cold air intake
debadged it except for the doors

·
Registered
145 Posts
Crossroads said:
Has anyone tried to put autostick in an 03/04 ?

I will be attempting it on this coming weekend.
all you should have to do is swap out the cluster, shifter and shifter bezel
you might have to run a couple of wires if they arent already there

·
Registered
9 Posts
stratastic said:
all you should have to do is swap out the cluster, shifter and shifter bezel
you might have to run a couple of wires if they arent already there
It worked just about like you said... except had to move the power wire over a slot on the plug... and let the pcm learn autostick.

also added the interior from a 300M into my Intrepid !!!
with the carbon fibre inserts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
nice now lets see the pics of the interior

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thread re-opened.

Ive since done, ES front bumper with fogs, ATC conversion, OTIS, and added autostick.

I have an underdrive pulley I will be installing soon too, then a new CAI intake, and a rebuilt transmission.

If anyone needs how-to's, let me know!

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Need Some Info On How To Do The Atc
ATC is one of the more difficult ones. For parts, you need the ATC control head, the ATC heater box harness, blower control module, and an entire dash harness out of an LH car that had ATC to begin with, and matches your year range. Everything is plug and play, but its alot of work.

The dash has to come out, you have to swap the dash harness, then swap the harness on the heater box and install the blower control module (goes in place of the resistor), then install the ATC head -- bolts right in-- and put everything back together.

I did ATC because I had to tear my dash out anyways because my A/C evaporator was leaking.

If you want all the parts I can put you in touch with someone that keeps them on hand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.