DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to do a hemi swap on my 98 sst. Engine and trans will be out of a 14 challenger. Anyone have any info on how to and where to get parts i will need? What challenges I'm looking at?

·
Red Trucker
2,625 Posts
You're gonna have fun integrating that 2nd generation CAN bus (LX/LD/LC CAN generations are 05-07, 08-10, 11-14, 15+) and VVT engine & PCM into your pre PCI truck. HIGHLY recommend you contact a company that does this for a living (like Hotwireauto.com or some such) to get some input. You haven't specificed if it's an auto or manual trans, but either way neither of the trans options in a 2014 Challenger have provision for a slip yoke. You'll need a custom slip driveshaft as well as some provision for floor shift, though you MIGHT be able to make the column shifter work on the NAG1. None of your accessory drive will bolt to that engine, so hopefully it's coming with them. You'll need to reroute everything (alternator wiring, PS hoses, A/C hoses, etc) to interface the new engine accessory drive with the truck; keep in mind there may be frame interferences since the car version likes to have the alt and compressor down low. In some 3rd gen installs the frame requires notching/clearancing.
I've only ever seen one successful hemi swap into a 2nd gen and said person was smart enough to use an early 3rd gen 5.7 and PCM/harness (like 2003ish).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts