DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get a list together of all the aftermarket hoods made for the 2nd Gen Ram. Haven't seen a post like this yet. If anyone knows of any hood for the 94-01 Ram please post the manufacturer as well as a pic. Thanks.

Also I'm looking for the SRT-10 hood for the 2nd Gen, I know someone makes them, I saw it in a magazine, but I misplaced it before I could get the info on it. Hopefully it'll show up here as the list grows.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
I had a Reflexxion (steel) cowl induction hood on my (former) 98 Ram

bolts right into place with little to no adjustment, and already had the holes drilled on the underside if you wanted to add the stock hood liner back on

very nice aftermarket piece IMHO

PICS:

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that Cowl Induction. I've seen all the other hoods too, but other than those and a few shaker hoods that seems to be all thats available for the 2nd Gen. Anyone know of any others? There's gotta be more than those, I would think?

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
I had a Reflexxion (steel) cowl induction hood on my (former) 98 Ram

bolts right into place with little to no adjustment, and already had the holes drilled on the underside if you wanted to add the stock hood liner back on

very nice aftermarket piece IMHO

PICS:
sorry to hyjack, how did you like that one, and was it an actual working cowl induction hood?

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
I want a cowl induction hood but I don't want it to goto a point, I want it to be square like the old cuda scoops...

Sort of like this but in flat black and more square ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
Harwood has killed their line of hoods. I have ONE left, though it does not fit so Im not isterested in using it yet. At one point I had three of them laying around, they kept sending me hoods and none fit lol. Im still in the process of seeing if they'll reimburse me since none of them are really useable at this point.

Here's the hood.... primered and ready to block out and paint....Oh and the inlet holes were custom cut and blended in, HELL of a job. Theres an inner and outer shell to fill in between and stabilize, befor you can move on to actually shaping the inlets.

At the Harwood Factory in 05.

Woulda been awesome, if they could have made one that fit. Oh well. I have the very last one they ever shipped out here at the house, after that they scrapped the tooling molds and what was left of hoods in stock.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
that is one hood i like.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Then of course there's the Reflexxions Domination Series Steel Cowl Hood. Perfect fit from the box. Just primer, block it, paint and clear it. You're done!

This one on my 96 Ram...

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Man I have wood I want a hood...

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i like the red hood that ramman posted too.

·
Registered
984 Posts
If I can get the funds/time/and another daily driver, I plan to build a custom hood for the 94-02 body style trucks. I think the only equal it will have for style quality would be the venerable cowl hood. Mine will be an agressive twin ram air setup, but with a twist. It will bring back an old muscle car era look. I'm not sure if I want to build it as an overlay, or a complete hood. My only problem so far has been sourcing the steel inner structures. I'd like to make my hood a composite, meaning steel inner frame so it's rigid and will bolt on perfectly no matter what, and give the buyer the choice of cheaper heavier fiberglass, or lightweight carbon fiber. With a CF hood I could probably make it a vacuum formed single skin with adhesive applied mounts, it'd probably be around 20 pounds at most.

I know production molding, just dont have the time or money to build the tooling. :bawl:

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
It will bring back an old muscle car era look.

I am all about that :rck: That is exactly the look I am going for for my final look. I am going to go for the raked look wide tires the full cammed sound. When you drive by everyone looks...:cheerl:

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
A snorkel hood would be perfect

Attachments

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
i like the twin scoops:tup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Harwood has killed their line of hoods. I have ONE left, though it does not fit so Im not isterested in using it yet. At one point I had three of them laying around, they kept sending me hoods and none fit lol. Im still in the process of seeing if they'll reimburse me since none of them are really useable at this point.

Here's the hood.... primered and ready to block out and paint....Oh and the inlet holes were custom cut and blended in, HELL of a job. Theres an inner and outer shell to fill in between and stabilize, befor you can move on to actually shaping the inlets.

At the Harwood Factory in 05.

Woulda been awesome, if they could have made one that fit. Oh well. I have the very last one they ever shipped out here at the house, after that they scrapped the tooling molds and what was left of hoods in stock.
That is one sweet hood :rck: Too bad it doesn't fit

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
i want this hood;D

here's a chop by s wiegel of it:gr_patrio

of course the bug flector will be gone;)

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
sorry to hyjack, how did you like that one, and was it an actual working cowl induction hood?
yes

RamThis and I had the same hood, it looks a little different from the top shot angle in that pic

one more

I liked it because it seems to fit the rest of the body lines ... the normal curviture of the hood and the fenders ....

but I almost got the ram air one

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.