DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 1500 with the Hemi I love. However, we're thinking about getting a Toy Hauler.
With that being said would I be better off to trade my 1500 for a 2500 with the diesel?
This truck would not be my daily driver. Curious though, how do the diesels do MPG wise?

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck I'm looking at is a 2010 with the 6.7. It's lifted but I'm not sure how high or what size tires.

My 08 is lifted with 35's, not sure of the gears.

I love my truck but if we're going to haul I've been told the diesel is the way to go.

Mileage wise they are the same, mods mine has a nice tonneau cover and DVD player. The 2010 is lifted and has rims, with leather.

Just trying to decide if the 2500 is worth it or just keep my 1500,

·
Registered
512 Posts
The truck I'm looking at is a 2010 with the 6.7. It's lifted but I'm not sure how high or what size tires.

My 08 is lifted with 35's, not sure of the gears.

I love my truck but if we're going to haul I've been told the diesel is the way to go.

Mileage wise they are the same, mods mine has a nice tonneau cover and DVD player. The 2010 is lifted and has rims, with leather.

Just trying to decide if the 2500 is worth it or just keep my 1500,
The hemi tows well, if your going to tow occasionally its just really thirsty. The bigger issue is weight capacity, tow weight, gcwr, and gvwr.

Need to know your gears and how much you want to tow.

That being said, you get a 2500 Cummins you really don't need to worry about towing bumper trailer weight, that truck will handle most weights except larger 5ers.

·
Takin' Care of Old Red
881 Posts
I went from an awesome 05 Hemi to my current 07 Cummins and have never looked back. You will do better for fuel mileage, but at the same time, have to keep in mind of the higher fuel prices, as well as the more expensive maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.