DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· ABRam
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if the 2500/3500's use shocks in the front as well, and if you could take the shocks of of them and put them on a 1500 when you do a t.b. crank? Just wondering. Thinking I might go to the auto wreckers and find a wrecked new 2500 and take the shocks?

· Registered
278 Posts
ABR,

I'm not sure that's the route to take. The stock shocks on 2500's are crap, first of all. Also, I'm confident they are valved completely differently, just to support the weight of the 2500's front end.

You might be better off searching a wrecking yard for a 1500 with aftermarket shocks on it. I'd certainly go that direction before takin stock shocks off of a 2500 to install on a 1500. Even if you are only going a few turns on the torsion bars, I'm not sure you'll need a shock of the 2500's length, but I'm sure someone that has done the torsion crank on a 1500 will chime in here soon.

· Registered
690 Posts
What are you trying to get a complete set of shocks for $10. You get what ou pay for, just go buy some run of the mill shocks. They are usually only $30 a piece. You'll be happy you did!

· KTM Rider
163 Posts
Get some Bilsteins or something like them. The MX-6 shock works nicely too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.