DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tj
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I am going to pick up a 2500 Dodge Ram for snowplowing. I want to know if the 2500's come with a tranny cooler, and what should I look for.

It has a Western unimount setup on it now, and I took a look at it and it seemed ok. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here is what the truck looks like if anyone wants to see it.....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-ALL|M-_12_|H-|D-_1292_|N-N|R-30|I-1|P-PRICE+descending|Q-descending|Y-_2001_|X-popular|Z-60646&aff=national&paId=134968417&recnum=15&leadExists=true

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think it was optional on v8 rams, standard with v10 or diesel engines. Would be in front of radiator if it has one.

For snowplowing, you really should consider getting a diesel or v10 equipped ram. The better axles, transfer case, and transmission you get are needed for your application. Plowing is extremely abusive to drivetrain.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It came with the HD (heavy duty) package. You can run the VIN on any vehicles you look at to see if it came in it. You will see it afixed in front of the radiator. My truck came with it as an option in 1500 series.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I run a 2500 with Dana Axles (stock) with a UniMount plow. Do yourself a favor and change your diff oils and transfer case also to a good quality oil. Also check the plugs on the grill for the snow plow Wester has a habit or the control pins rusting out. Test the plow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.