DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have the 2011 RAM 1500 SLT... Sadly the truck has many limitations.. From what i understand i can only have 4.10 gears and a lsd on it :/

Thing is when i look at the Power Wagon and see that it has a front and rear locker along with a sway bar disconnect it makes me drool a little.. and i think the ability to go higher than 4.10 gears (in case i need bigger tires) and also makes me very jealous :ugh

However I've read that some people are saying i could have custom axles made for my truck.. By custom axle i would guess that means i could have pretty much whatever i want...

So the question is: if the power wagon axle swap means i have to change rims brakes and whatever else i think i'd need to, would it be better to just have the axles custom made to my preference??

Does anybody know a bit more than i do about this (shouldn't be too hard i don't know much :p)... Any and all help would be much appreciated!! :D

·
Black & White
613 Posts
wait til the new PWs come out and just upgrade alot less hassle and headache

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new PW? i thought that was the one with the lockers and disconnect? its a 2500 though :confused:
i meant to ask if it was best to take the axles from the pw or get custom ones :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dudee... just got what you meant :p... but my truck still has 0 kms on it :p its still at the factory having issues with registration (in lebanon you have to register your truck for the company you own... stupid law i know) ... and yeah for registration you pay about 9% of your trucks worth.. so the upgrade would cost me more than 15 grand all in all :p plus ive got a lot of parts on the way ill upload my pics and mods soon :D but yeah i need axles :p

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
wait til the new PWs come out and just upgrade alot less hassle and headache
Im trying to snag a '12 PW the end of the year :rck:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
candy would you happen to know of the custom axles or what i need to do to swap with PW axles?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
for the rear or front or.....

havent seen any SAS for the 4th gens yet

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both? :p they say there's a first time for everything :D on old gens would it be easier to have an axle custom made or just swap a 1500 to a 2500?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Enough money will buy you anything :D

You would have to completely rework the suspension front and rear as well as some frame I'm sure for 3/4 axles front and rear. Just get a '10 1/2 ton rearend get a real Detroit Locker not an lsd and some 4.56s. That should hold you over....maybe.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.