DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving down a road, and have the right away going about 25 mph. All of a sudden a car takes off from a stop sign and t-bones my truck, pushing it into the curb. I've only had the truck for 3 months, and it's already got a major repair :VHOT: . Here's some pics

Attachments

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
DAM bro, you said he was taking off from a stop sign... and he did THAT much damage? thats nutz dude, hope everything works out on the repairs.

-David

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
must have been one of those Nascar type drivers that floor it at every stop sign.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
jordanp123 said:
must have been one of those Nascar type drivers that floor it at every stop sign.

Someone call my name?

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the amount of damage is unreal. The 20 some year old girl took off from the stop sign in her grand am, went about 8 feet then hit me. I'm curious to see what the estimate is going to be. (anyone have any guesses on that?) I'm leasing it because it cut my payments way down, and was planning on buying it out, but now I'm thinking I'll let it go when the lease is up (especially if it ends up with a damage disclosure). The two front doors were really messed up (rear one has a 2 inch gap at the top from the cab) and the cab got bent up on the bottom. The step bar will be 300 to replace and two rims were messed up plus the tire. scratches all the way to the box. Not sure how the frame/suspension took it, but the curb hit pretty hard.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I know that you was just out done for someone to hit you like that.I know that if that was me I will be upset,angry and more but hey things happen ane that is why we have auto insurance. :VHOT:

·
"I'll go all in."
626 Posts
Just be glad it is leased and not purchased. Hate hear of the misfortune though. Damn women...

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
from personal experience, your looking at WELL over 5K I'm sure...you need atleast 2 new door skins, some body work, and a new nerf bar...plus paint on the body an doors...for 1 door, and small body with paint was 2300 on my 06...

word of advice, find a good body shop, and dont let their insurance company try to screw you

·
Registered
357 Posts
was she at least cute? if so Id say she at least owes you dinner and a movie!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Wow! Thats quite a chunk of damage....well at least the other guys insurance will be paying for it. Maybe you can get an aftermarket hood or something.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VisionxOrb said:
was she at least cute? if so Id say she at least owes you dinner and a movie!
haha, i wish. as it was I didn't say more than a few sentences to her. I just stood there pissed off, and sad that all my plans for the truck that I had fallen in love with were down the drain because of the future damage disclosure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update on the estimate:

$6500, replacing all the damage with all new parts, but they didn't include replacing the rim that got shoved into the curb; which I promptly pointed out to them. So I think that I'm going to have to keep a close eye on this while they work on it.

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
djr04 said:
update on the estimate:

$6500, replacing all the damage with all new parts, but they didn't include replacing the rim that got shoved into the curb; which I promptly pointed out to them. So I think that I'm going to have to keep a close eye on this while they work on it.
you better keep a good eye on that claim, you know the insurance company will try to scew you.

hope everything goes well

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
who are you having do the repair work, hopefully a place you are comfortable with...I dont want you to go through the nightmare I just got done with...make sure its a company who will get it fixed right the first time, and not try to screw you over by damaging stuff on your truck not already damaged...

Good luck, and sorry you're going through this...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's actually a local place owned and operated by a man I've known all my life. He does excellent work, and I actually paid to have it towed to my hometown so that he would be the one to fix it. I work at a dealership, and my boss pressed me pretty hard to take it to the body shop he owns, but I stood my ground and had it taken to the place where it is at now. Only downside is that the parts are coming from my workplace, and that is adding lots of overhead and time. I've followed your repairs section8ff, and I definitely feel your pain. I can honestly say this whole situation has been horrible, and I can only imagine how tough it must have been for you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.