DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my buddy's truck which i help lift, it has a 5" diesel super lift with a 3" spacer, the diesel coil give an extra 1" lift so it has a total lift of 9" with 36x15.50x18 on a 18x9.25 rim, Mickey Tires and Extreme Alloy wheels dont know the series.
2005 Dodge 2500 4x4 Hemi

Attachments

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
Why only 36s with 9" of lift...most people run 37s with only a 6" lift. Still looks awesome but the 39.5s would look alot better on it IMO. And shouldn't the wheels be atleast 11-12" wide for 15.50s?

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
it doesnt matter, raj and his boys dont run their trucks. they are for show only! well that and if you need em to run and get some toiletpaper from the grocery store

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
only if you use it offroad alot Hemion20's

I don't have a locker atm so I'm running a 15.50 on a 9" rim, because I'm not going to get into something where I need to run 12psi to get out of with open differentials, it's just not happening

however, my next set of tires are going to be either 37x12.50r18 BFG MT's or 37x13.50r18 Toyo MT's so I can air down and not worry

however, reccomended size on a 15.50 is a 10" wheel, so a 9" is ok, just not reccomended

it'll pop a bead easier, but can still be done, especially with real bead locks

btw, 38's look much better with 9" of lift on a hemi 2500, especially when the truck's level :D

Attachments

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
it doesnt matter, raj and his boys dont run their trucks. they are for show only! well that and if you need em to run and get some toiletpaper from the grocery store

Well if it's just for show then it should have way bigger tires on it, might as well put 49s on to go to the grocery store :D

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
Chauncy said:
only if you use it offroad alot Hemion20's

I don't have a locker atm so I'm running a 15.50 on a 9" rim, because I'm not going to get into something where I need to run 12psi to get out of with open differentials, it's just not happening

however, my next set of tires are going to be either 37x12.50r18 BFG MT's or 37x13.50r18 Toyo MT's so I can air down and not worry

however, reccomended size on a 15.50 is a 10" wheel, so a 9" is ok, just not reccomended

it'll pop a bead easier, but can still be done, especially with real bead locks

btw, 38's look much better with 9" of lift on a hemi 2500, especially when the truck's level :D
Damn, your looks good...38s definitely look better with that much lift.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
haha......hows about those trax ive seen on some trucks! those show nice!!!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
All that Cali sun... and you park in the shade to take pictures? Cali boyz just can't seem to get it right...

·
5,089 Posts
might be something in the water, like in Mexico

*Mental note: If ever venturing to California, take bottled beverages...*

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Just be sure you don't take any fruits or vegetables... they'll get confisgated at the state lines. lol

·
5,089 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Just be sure you don't take any fruits or vegetables... they'll get confisgated at the state lines. lol

that's all they eat in Cali

animals are livingbeings, but plants aren't alive so they're ok to eat :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
hemion20s said:
Well if it's just for show then it should have way bigger tires on it, might as well put 49s on to go to the grocery store :D
BINGO. if they aren't worried about articulation then the bigger the tire without rubbing during full-lock the better.

OR you could do what us jeep guys do and break out the sawzall :rck: sheetmetal is just begging to be trimmed away anyway HAHA

BTW...nic elooking truck, sits a lil lower in the rear by the look of things. needs bigger meats.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It looks great, but where's the escalator? :thatfunny

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We like the more fender gap, you guys like the tires all up in the fender, we just have different style, and this truck is going off-road before my buddy gets his mega cab.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
byrdawg13 said:
He has his show trucks, he just told his H2 With a 6.5"Lift and 36s, and he has a chevy 2500HD with a 14" lift which has 38 on 20s and now has 36s, this and the other dodge are work trucks for him.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Looks great, just need to lift the rear end, to get rid of the nose high look.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah the guy had an add a leaf but its the wrong one, he likes the way it came out so he said hes going to keep it like this, just our different style

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
RAJ said:
He has his show trucks, he just told his H2 With a 6.5"Lift and 36s, and he has a chevy 2500HD with a 14" lift which has 38 on 20s and now has 36s, this and the other dodge are work trucks for him.

okay okay you got me....what did the guy tell his trucks? is this a joke?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.