DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know were I can get a set of front coil springs from a 2500 CTD truck. Looking to put them in my stock 2001 1500 to get some front lift and tired of the front sagging with a 700lb plow on it. Figure I'll put a AAL on the back to level it up. Tried my local junk yards and no luck. Got a quote from a local parts store but they did not seem to sure about interchanging them as they were for a 1999

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Your best bet is a forum like this, getting them from people who did a lift. I've got a set from my 01 2500 CTD, but I doubt your even close to me as i'm in Canada.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you are a little far away. Wanna ship them? If so shoot me a price I'm in the US. Pennsylvania zip 18360

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I realize that you've got a plow up front, but those diesel springs and rear add a leaf are going to kill your ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm expecting it to be stiff. Thing is I want to install a heavy bumper over the winter that will add some more weight to the front also. I don't drive the truck much as it is only 72,000 miles in six years. I usually ride my motorcycle

·
Jason
3,866 Posts
I got mine from Ebay for 40 bucks. After installing longer shocks, I can't tell that much of a difference in the ride. I also have a 2" AAL in the rear. You can't expect a 4x4 with M/T's to ride like a Caddy.

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
Really I dont see why you'd need an AAL unless you just wanted factory rake. The springs should just level it and with the plow mounted it would probably look stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do want to keep the rake as I like the way it looks. Tried ebay but there are no stock pairs up for sale rigth now. Just need to find someone that lifted there 2500 and wants to sell there old diesel springs.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
If you can't find some in a bit I will sell you mine most likely, probaly in about 2 weeks or less I will know if I can sell my springs. Selling my truck right now and don't know if the new owner will want the stock parts. Probaly better if you found some in the US as shipping will not be cheap, they aren't very light, and going over the border makes shipping outragous.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True I'll keep looking. Just keep me in mind if you still have them. Someone on the board has to have a set laying around just have to find the right person. Don't know why but I left the truck stock for 6 years and now have a major itch to mod it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You could always get a leveling kit.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
mikeah169 said:
You could always get a leveling kit.
A leveling kit would only be a temporary fix as all that weight would sag the springs even more.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well with the weight of the plow and bumper it would depend on the size of the leveling kit, or you you could get get a custom spring made

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm with mocho a leveling kit wouldn't solve the problem Just gotta find the elusive CTD springs and should be good to go.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
get a set of ctd fronts from napa 146 bucks in canada and be done with it
i did it in my 1500 and it was fine

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Calle NAPA today ran into the same problem everywhere I call, none of the parts shops list springs for any 2500 from 94-2001 in there book.

·
Binksman
180 Posts
How about a trade? I've got diesel coils on my 96 1500 but the ride is a bit too stiff when i am working because I tow a lot and take weight OFF the front end. I'd be willing to trade you the diesel coils for your stock coils and some 2-3" spacers.

If that doesn't work for you, I am trying to find some other means of front end suspension, and I'd be glad to sell you the diesel coils when I have something to replace them with.

BTW I am in Eastern PA.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.