DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.AACstyle.com
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of the issues with Xenon conversion kits? Well we have been playing with these LED headlight replacement bulbs for a few weeks now and we must say they are pretty impressive!

We want to get some LX owners to install these and give some honest feedback and photos and in exchange we are offering 25% off to the first 5 members to take us up on this offer!

Go to http://www.automotivelightstore.com/ORACLE9006LEDHeadlightReplacementBulbs.aspx and use coupon code "LEDlite25" to get yours!

Hyper Luminance
These LED bulbs are designed to outperform standard halogen bulbs, and match the brightness
and kelvin color of 6000K HID bulbs. Each bulb emits 2,200 lumens rivaling the top of the line HID bulbs.

Heat Dissipation
The unique construction and design of each bulb allows for efficient heat dissipation. A slim fan is built into each bulb
making it cool to the touch even after hours of continuous use, unlike HID bulbs which can reach melting temperatures.

Light Pattern
Each bulb is designed specifically to allow a more fluid light pattern, further light visibility, and anti-glare against
oncoming traffic. Each bulb also has both high beam and low beam functions.

Waterproof and Dustproof
The ORACLE Hl3 LED Headlight Bulbs are rated at an IP65 Waterproof rating, and are also
dustproof and shockproof, removing the hassle of changing bulbs due to shattering.

Product Specs:
Lumens: 2,200 lm (per bulb)
Lifetime: 40,000 hrs
Wattage: 56 W total (28 W per bulb)
Technology: 2x14 W CREE LED (per bulb)
Input Voltage: 9VDC-32VDC
100% Plug & Play: H13 Connector
Flicker-Free
Shockproof,Dustproof and Waterproof.
2 Year Manufacturer Warranty.

Product Contents:
2 x ORACLE Hl3 LED Headlight Replacement Bulbs
2 x H13 Compact LED Drivers

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
what about something for the 2013+ ram guys with OEM projectors?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
im asking abouthte headlights

·
www.AACstyle.com
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
31,160 Posts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Kinda my feelings jeremy, i have a hard time buying em without seeing how they work in these oem projectors

·
www.AACstyle.com
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kinda my feelings jeremy, i have a hard time buying em without seeing how they work in these oem projectors
The 9006 LED Bulbs work great in the 2014 headlights, we have a set here to installed them in and the output is excellent. The problem is that the back cover of the light can not be attached with the additional space needed for the cooling fan so unfortunately we do not recommend using these on the new Ram projector lights for that reason.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
please post pix of the output compared to stock, i can always modify a housing to make them fit

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
please post pix of the output compared to stock, i can always modify a housing to make them fit
good luck......

last time I heard of a guy doing that, there was VERY little clearance between the light and the frame rail......

·
www.AACstyle.com
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, one of our customers was able to get the bulbs to fit and did a write-up showing the process. http://**************/showthread.php?t=172970

EDIT: Can't post link to another forum so copying and pasting the info.

I decided to give them a try because I was not entirely happy with the light output from stock or my 4000k PIAAs. They arrived nicely packaged and ready for installation. Here are the bulbs, they came with a plug and play driver module (forgot to take a pic however it is a module with the factory plug on one end and the bulbs plug on the other). Wiring fitment was excellent on both sides.

Both bulbs ready to install

The installation was not straight forward due to the fact the the access hole for the bulbs are not centred on the moisture covers. There is some surgery required to get these bulbs to fit into the housing. As you can see I had to cut three slits into the plastic housing to provide enough deflection to get the bulb to seat properly and clear the edge of the housing. Once that was done I was able to seal the slits with silicone. Here are the tools and some pictures of the installation of the bulb on the drivers side housing.

Tools Used:

Cuts in housing:

All sealed up:

The passenger side was slightly easier since it only needed two slits cut. The inner tab that the moisture cover uses was on the other side and did not interfere with installation of the bulb as it did on the drivers side.

Completed passenger side all sealed up:

After aiming the lights I took it for a spin and I must say the light output is far superior to halogen. I was flashed by one oncoming vehicle on a side street so suspect I may have them aimed a bit high. One other thing I noticed is that I can hear the fan running on the passenger side so I have asked if this is a warranty issue, we will see. Here are a couple of shots, first shows the comparison (drivers LED) v.s. (passenger Halogen). Second shows the one side lit up. Third shows the light against my garage door. As you can see they are very bright with a nice color to match. :smileup:

My overall impression so far is that the pain of installation is worth the effort and there is an alternative to HIDs for those who want another option. The LED light output is awesome and time will tell how they hold up under real world use. I will add to this thread as I gain experience with them. Thanks for reading this review.
EDIT:

Ugh, the photos are hosted on the other site as well...

Will save and host them to our photobucket, give me some time.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
I found the pictures your talking about on that site, those arent projector headlights that they are installed in and while they appear bright in the pix shown, they seem to have the same issue that HIDs have with glare

·
www.AACstyle.com
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found the pictures your talking about on that site, those arent projector headlights that they are installed in and while they appear bright in the pix shown, they seem to have the same issue that HIDs have with glare
I see what you mean from the photo but that is because he is so close to the garage door in that picture. Here is the customer's reply when asked about that:

When I get closer in to the door the pattern seems the same as the halogen was to me. When I aimed them at around 15 feet back there was a definite cut-off. Ill try and get some pics of that, raining like a bitch out right now.

·
www.AACstyle.com
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We still have a couple more available spots to get 25% off.

Please be sure to use the link in post #1 and coupon code "ledlite25" to get the 25% discount.

This is a LIMITED offer, once they are gone... they are gone!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts