Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and my gas milage went from 12-13 to 10-11 :mad:
the work I had done was complete tune up,wires,plugs,filters ect. replaced 2 bad fuel injectors, new ujoints in front. the last thing done was had the plenum gasket changed because it was blowing oil pulling my camper.

any ideas why my milage would drop after all this work was done?
I expected it to go up aliittle or just stay the same.

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
The first thing that sounds fishy to me is that price.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
the work I had done was complete tune up,wires,plugs,filters ect. replaced 2 bad fuel injectors, new ujoints in front. the last thing done was had the plenum gasket changed because it was blowing oil pulling my camper.
:dropjaw: You paid $2200 for that?!?! The parts were maybe $600, why the hell did they charge so much labor?

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
might check to make sure all the vac lines are hooked up correctly.
If ones loose could be dumping too much fuel to it.
Do cruise and vent dampers still work? Usually when there's a signifigant vac leak they will not function correctly.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I am guessing 4 hours for the plenum gasket at $70/hr, plugs at 1.5 hr, filters at 1 hr, ujoints 3 hrs. they probably charged labor for the injectors, too, which is completely bogus because they are detached when the plenum is done. Add a fuel system clean and you are definitely up there.

FIGHT ANY LABOR CHARGE FOR THE INJECTOR INSTALL.

MPG should go up. I bet there is a vacuum leak or the plenum wasn't done right (it is very touchey in regards to torque sequence and amount...esp if the plenum pan is warped.).

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
FIGHT ANY LABOR CHARGE FOR THE INJECTOR INSTALL.
I'd take it back and explain to them that it's getting worse mileage, and discuss the labor charge (if there is one) for the injectors.
Since you paid that much they should atleast check it free of charge.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i never take the injectors out when doing plenum gaskets.

i agree 2200 seems like alot for that work...... upload a copy of your bill...............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.