DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm considering running a set of 22 x 9.5" KMC Rocktars with 285/50/22 Nitto Dura Grapplers on my 2WD 2006 Megacab Diesel. This truck is used for towing a 10,000 lb 5th wheel trailer (unloaded) and for getting around town. Both the aforementioned wheels and tires are load rated at 3200 lbs a piece, effectively resulting in a 12,800 lb overall load rating (close to the 13,000 lbs that the truck is originally rated at). Has anybody run this sort of setup that uses their diesel to tow?

My other consideration was a set of 20 x 8.5 Rockstars with 305/55/20 Nitto Dura Grapplers which have the same load rating. I prefer the look of a 22" wheel and think that the 285 will be a better width for my application given that I have a 2WD truck and would like to avoid having to use fender flare if at all possible.

What are your thoughts and opinions on this setup? I'm looking to order this in the next 24 hours.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Haven't run the tires but they say they should last good. I think 22's would look great. :tup: Don't know about the towing. :dunno:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts