DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, put 22" rims today seem like all mods went down the drain, cool looking -love the look,(question) wat gears should i go with to get mods to perform like the 20s or just install 206 cams ,will do both in time, witch one first? :VHOT:

Thanks, The Cajun

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wat brand do u think i should get and about how much?

·
Slow 4.7 club
803 Posts
Brand and price i have no idea.. Havent done it yet lol..

Willis

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
I know of many guys that are happy with Motive gears...and I even know shops that will only install motives because they have the least customer complaints with them...but I have never done a gear swap on my truck though, so I am just going based on what I have been told.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still saving for 206s,will mpg be pretty close i know u cant have both LOL but will try

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if anyone has a site on a good deal on gears let me know bros,

Thanks

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
And right now, it's the only way to get your performance back. Right now all of your goodies' power is being spent trying to spin that big bling and rubber....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i hear u man i,m kind of pissed spent alot of green to get wat little i had, man everything is so f#####G exspencive for that 4.7 , wish i would have Got a HEMI-The money ive spent would have that hemi SMOKIN ,cant program, shift point sucks Not happy with 4.7 but were in bed together now so im going to put the coals to her. i was thinking cams first but all advice say gears, but on the other hand was reading tread by air ram and others there advice is that if your on the hwy. and drive 60=70 4.56 are good if you drive 80=90 like i do you lose mpg. Need more input cams or gears

Thanks Guys,The Cajun

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Do you have factory 3.55s or the 3.92s? You could always go to 4.10s if you got the 3.55s. Would help give a little more oomph and not impact your freeway miles.

KB

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
did you weigh your 22s? vs your old setup.. it would give you an idea how much extra power you need to make up.... I do know how it feels though...

TJ

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
The wheel size has nothing to do with it. It's the tire diameter that means everything.

If you tires are taller than the old ones, then that's your problem.

4.56's, like said.

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
kenihemi said:
The wheel size has nothing to do with it. It's the tire diameter that means everything.

If you tires are taller than the old ones, then that's your problem.

4.56's, like said.
Perhaps wheel size has nothing to do with it... wheel WEIGHT has everything to do with it.... just try adding another 20lbs per corner to your truck and see what happens.... all else being equal...

TJ

·
Registered
40 Posts
After my recent 22" install i thought the same thing. My new tires diameter is like .2 smaller than the original stock 20's. Weight is alot different though. Looking into headers or superchips next, hmmm wonder what the deal is on that bullydop power pup for us?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey fellas ,all good points-i dont know wat gears i have i guess i could call in vin # to find out rihgt ? and about weight,i will weight them and compare and post to see wat gears would work best. i know them wheels are heavy, man i almost blew a o-ring putting them on LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.