Discussion Starter #1

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
so the flash worked? if so that is some news i was wanting to here

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
ok im not going to lie that sounds amazing, do you still have codes or is everything all good now??

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup they can flash idles as such it wasn't cheap. by no means free!!! but with this cam a flashed idle works great its kinda high i need to get down to like 750-800.. would be prime.

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rollinstnd420 said:
ok im not going to lie that sounds amazing, do you still have codes or is everything all good now??
codes without the flash YES!!! and it would stall when it was up to temp i mean stall all the damn time. with the flashed idle for about 400 miles and no codes. i will have to get some with the cut-open. you can't tell there is a cam in it now!!! :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :mad:

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
ok well mayb i have just rethought the whole me going with the 6.1 cam!! I wonder how big of a cam these trucks can go??

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have thought about the 218 but its not worth it if you have to stall converter at a rev till 6400. get the comp cams 260!!!!!!!! it runs perfect but its like 400 bucks.. its almost the same but it works with the stock ecu

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
i know i want to try that it jsut doesnt seem to be that different from the 6.1 cam to make a 300 dollar difference. Know wat i mean??

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
30 more ft/lbs of tq is the diffrence and 10 more rwhp.. but hey the 6.1 cam is cheap..If i were to tear my engine apart i would go big(like i did) it pays off cause i can take mustangs all day. I got a crossfire today..lol i have to get some vids of me going in 1st gear at about 2500 rpms till about 60 its insane..

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
alright well sorry to bust the topic on ur sick sound clips, but do you have any idea where i can get springs if i go the 260 route??

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
ok im convinced time to save up some cash! thanks alot guys. Dline you have a PM!

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
give marty a call at krc i mean ramkid has a nice tune for that cam!! I wanna see what that thing does

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 268 cam is great yes i mean its a bad ass cam. But i belive skaarw made a spread sheet on the 260 compared the to 268 i have to say the tuning with th arc-1 to me is not worth all the frsutration. IT makes like 10 more hp at 6200 rpms or something. but the 260 makes more hp and tq up to 5k or abouts. either one is going to fly and sound good but the tuning will be alot better with the 260.. good luck either way

2,395 Posts
Ramkid12 said:
The 268 cam is great yes i mean its a bad ass cam. But i belive skaarw made a spread sheet on the 260 compared the to 268 i have to say the tuning with th arc-1 to me is not worth all the frsutration. IT makes like 10 more hp at 6200 rpms or something. but the 260 makes more hp and tq up to 5k or abouts. either one is going to fly and sound good but the tuning will be alot better with the 260.. good luck either way
hmm, that's interesting...so the 260 really made MORE hp AND torque all the way up to 5000?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.