My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts
I bet your rims get smaller!! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it is getting late! huh Troy?

Seriously , I am not thrilled with the 20s and might go 17s or just go aftermarket 16s.

that's it. No mystery.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
i got rid of my 20's a long time ago, of course i went up to 22"s:) I am now running the factory 17's that i got in partial trade for my 20's. you will need to get the comp reset for the 17's so everything reads correctly but other than that there aren't any problems. On a nother note the 17's are as small as you can go with the 3rd gen rams due to the size of the brake setup, rotors caliper etc. you should see a little difference in you fuel economy as well since you are turning those massize wheels. there was a little on mine, just enough to be no ticable but not enough to make a major difference at least IMO.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I also just found another, older post with a good response. That gave me the info I need.

Thanks again.

Larry

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts
PowayRider said:
I guess it is getting late! huh Troy?
Larry,
yes, yes it is!! It's been a long day....... :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I changed out my 20s for 17s. Didnt like the 20s looks on a 4x4. Not really any difference driving wise and I think it looks better IMO. The BFGs are allot better off road, the only complaint is the little rocks that get stuck in the tread and come out when your doing 80mph on the freeway. I just know I am going to crack someones windshield :)

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Im changing out my 20's for Offroad 17's today. Get the 315 BFG's tomorrow. By looking at some of the other members trucks, Im going to like it. Pics will be posted.

I found my 17's by going to autotrader.com and searching Dodge Rams... Found a wholesaler, asked to trade, and they agreed.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have a set of the gunmetal ('02) 17's sitting in my garage if anyone wants to buy and ship them. Two tires are worn from being out of alignment.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a local guy that wants to trade his chrome 17s for my 20s. I will be looking at them today.

Thanks Sapper: I was aware of the minimum rim size. I know some aftermarket wheels don't fit but I didn't know tha 16" - no matter the brand/model - wouldn't work. Have know idea of the 17" selection available.

Larry

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I went from factory 17s to Panther 20s and never looked back.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Nice jack :tup:
, wheels are nice too :D
KB

·
over 100,000
382 Posts
rims

Russellabjr said:
Im changing out my 20's for Offroad 17's today. Get the 315 BFG's tomorrow. By looking at some of the other members trucks, Im going to like it. Pics will be posted.

I found my 17's by going to autotrader.com and searching Dodge Rams... Found a wholesaler, asked to trade, and they agreed.
id love to see some pics after u get the new off road rims on

·
Registered
629 Posts
I went down in wheel size but at the same time I went up in tire size so I am not sure if there were any gains. All I know is that those fugly 20's are long gone.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got rid of the (in my opinion) ugly 20" polished aluminum rims on my 4x4, and replaced them with some 17's with 33" tires.... I do wish I had gone with 35's, but overall, I'm happy with the change.. makes it look more like a 4x4.. see my gallery for pics

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Got the 315 BFG's installed with the torsion bar crank.. it is SWEEET. Pics will be posted Monday.

Rides a lot better than I thought..

·
MFIC
682 Posts
hey since i previously had 20's on my truck, what is going to be the difference in the speedo if i went to 17" rims with the 315's? do i need to get it recalibrated?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.