DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
03 QC 4.7
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam Getting Close To Buy A Cam,but Cant Make Up My Mind Witch Cam To Buy, Wats A Good Cam To Run On A 03 Ram4.7 Quadcab.
i Already Have H.o. Cams, I Here Good Things About 206 Cams And 212x Cams. Out Of This Two Wats Good To Put On A Quadcab.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I wonder how this thread is going to go,,,

:popcorn:

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Can I call dibs on the HO's?

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
let me be the first to stir the pot. I think that the 206's would be a better choice for you quad. cab with the mods you have listed. This is only my thought as i have nothing to back it up but what i have read. It just seams to me that the people running the 206's in a lightly modded situation really seem to like them(jack arse, Bigbad to name two). But then you have Adam knocking down some good times with 212x's, but he does have the ported heads and a stall to take advantage of them.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
I think from looking at your future mods, you should just go ahead and get the 212x cams, depending on how far in the future those mods are.

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
go with the 212x's since you already have the stall. you should fine. im going to the 206's because im wanting CRAZY midrange tourque for my 2800 stall coming off the line. im datalogging right now. caltracs are coming next week...and then im throwin in the stall in the next month. =)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
According to KRC the 212X's are supposed to have the great high end of the 212s and the low end of the 206s.

I think you will probably be happy with either.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Since you already have the H/O cams... and you have Ported heads on your wish list.... I would try the H/O cams & Ported head SCT combo first... cams are easy to swap out if you want to upgrade them in the future so they will always remain an option.

I think you would be better off chosing mods for TORQUE first. If that does not fill your needs then you could always step up to the larger cams.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
wtf does your sig mean? shouldnt it say:

"Can't even "pay" friends to hang out with me"

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
Jack Ass: 14.4 huh lol you should have thought of something a little more realistic if you rea;;y wanted people to believe you...

anyways the topic at hand...the 212x's i believe would be most beneficial. they are NOT going to have all the lowend of the 206's but they certainly make up for it up top. like i said your 2800 compensates for where you would see the largest negative difference between the 206's and the 212x's. nick just put a set of HO's in yours when you get back. he is actually mad because he said YOu alone talk him into the HOs in the first place instead of an aftermarket grind cam...he called you wanting 206's lol

i think 206 work best for MY application ;)

·
Banned
3,572 Posts
marty was saying the 212x have the same torque as the 206 so he might not loose any lowend

i would like to see a truck without tm running those cams to see what would happen

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.