DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all of you who have installed the 206 cams in a 4.7; how big of a pain in the A** is it. And do you have any helpful hints to do the job more efficiently.

Thanks

·
mafosa
824 Posts
you must get that special wedge tool, if you try to bypass this, the chains will loosen and the ratchets will expand and you will be in trouble.. you will havt to take a part the whole front end to reset the ratchets (a bitch!!) you can make your own spanner wrench from a piece of metal stock from lowes etc. down load the manuel and have it readly available. google 4.7 camshaft install and there should be another forum where a guy shows a lot of pic, with a step by step process. torque wrench a must.. put the cam caps and bolts on a shoe box and make sure they go on EXACTALY the same as they came off, even the bolts. i beleive theres a mark on the crank pully and the front of the block that reference the top dead center mark. good luck with your project.. by the way theres a matching manafold thats suppose to work well with that cam. check where you bought it..
mafosa

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
are you changing the valve springs ?

·
mafosa
824 Posts
i dont think theres any valve spring issues, with the 4.7s

·
Registered
176 Posts
No valve spring issues with the 206 cams according to Dan the Fastman. I am waiting for my 206 cams to Hopefully arrive next week.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much did the 206 cams run you from the fastman if you don't mind me asking.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
I asked him about the 206 a few months ago and he said I needed to buy new springs since the stockers with the new higher lift were close to Binding. IDK maybe he was confused when I talked to him.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's weird, Dan told me I would be fine with the stock springs. He did say that springs were out there from Beehive if I wanted them for an extra $150 or so. I passed. I paid $750 for the cams. I am still waiting for them though. I ordered them over two weeks ago. Hopefully this is the week. The anticipation is killing me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
so dan wants 750 for just the cams when you can go to krc for the same price and get cams, springs, and the install tool?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Thats strange... normally its the other way around. I know when I purchased all my stuff from FAST MAN he price was allot cheaper than KRC... Are you sure?

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a bill for $785 for the cams and install tool from Fastman. I have not received the cams yet so maybe he will include the springs, I don't know. I did have a conversation with him about KRC's pricing and he said that they do not include springs. I am confused now. I know Dan is out of town and he would be the best person to chime in here. He also told me his cams are cut a little differently than KRC's to take more advantage of the low rpm torque. :dunno:

How long does it take KRC to send out cams? I really enjoyed talking to Dan and that is what sold me. He took his time and explained a lot to me. Maybe I am getting the short end of the stick, anyone care to chime in? I would like to think I wasn't. :buttkick:

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
Krc doesn't give you springs with the 206's, they start with the 224's only. They offered them with the 206's for $200 more when they used to be around $550 for the cams.

Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.