DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Dodge Grand Caravan GT tonight left me stranded. The transmission will not go into D. Shifter will go into park but once into the R notch nothing until the shifter is put into the N position does it go into R. And where the shifter Notch is for D It goes into N. Is there a recall for this problem? My van has 26k miles. Is this a common problem? If it’s a simple adjustment that would be great or is this a dealer only fix?
Thanks
TFS
BD4F2F5F-3764-4DE3-8E93-E8598A6C4F8E.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The next morning I eventually fixed the issue simply by repositioning the transmission lever cable back to its original position.
I did take it the next day to the dealership who could not find a problem😏 go figure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The next morning I eventually fixed the issue simply by repositioning the transmission lever cable back to its original position.
I did take it the next day to the dealership who could not find a problem😏 go figure.
Oh wow! Sounds like a simple fix.

Did you use a maintenance manual to reposition the cable? If so what manual did you use?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope things are working great with your GC.

By the way, I’m shocked the dealership couldn’t fix the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The next morning after towing it to my apartment I decided to try and figure out what happened. I figured there was only one thing that could be the issue and after shifting the shifter out of park I pushed on the transmission lever and hear it click. I then went inside and shifted back to park and to my amazement the van shifted into drive.
The dealership was useless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope things are working great with your GC.

By the way, I’m shocked the dealership couldn’t fix the problem.
I’m very happy with my GT, my precious CV was the 09 I drove from 66,000 to 205,000 with radiator and radiator fan replacement plus front and rear strut and shocks new battery and front and rear drilled and slotted rotors which helped a lot. I sold it here for $2800 fast
I purchased this GT with 19K used last year from Hertz
I have recently replaced the front tires with Michelin Premium XLT after the front tires were below 1/2 used.
I also tinted all the windows In ceramic 30% front and 15 rear including the windshield with Expel XR Plus70%full ceramic. Recently purchased a brand new rim Off eBay as one was bent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts