DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

I bought a used 2018 Dodge Caravan (with 25,000km July last year, after trading in etc. I noticed a month ago the car steering wheel would shudder quite violently when applying the brakes from around 60 or higher.. This steadily got worse, so got it into the dealer who under inspection said the rear right caliper hydraulics has seized, and after 5 days (getting part in) replaced etc etc no cost to us as under warranty.

now 4 days later due to the situation today was the 1st day I needed to go the highway and when I braked... exactly the same thing is happening again, the steering wheel is shaking big time when braking from 80 and up, I noticed when braking at lower speeds... the dreaded "pulse like feeling" seems to happen. Would the seized brake before cause warping on the other wheels to compensate?. The car has only ticked over to 33,000km now, The dealer said they did a brake inspection before.. now not so sure. calling tomorrow to get the car in again...... but anyone else have this before ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The biggest reason for this shaking problem is the condition of your rotors – the disc your brake pad clamps down on when you apply your brakes. Most commonly, the vibration happens because the rotors have some kind of imperfection on their surface or they have changed shape over time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts