DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a source for a front license plate mount for my 2016 RAM 2500. The dealer claims that there is nothing available and all they suggest is a license plate frame of my choice and screw it directly to the bumper! That has to be the flimsiest solution ever. The car wash keeps bending my front license plate. Does anyone have an answer to this problem or maybe an interchange that might work from a different year?
Anybody out there with a similar truck have a front license plate mount that came from the factory?
Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does your bumper not have the holes in the bumper? If it has the holes just buy a license plate bracket off of amazon or similar?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your bumper not have the holes in the bumper? If it has the holes just buy a license plate bracket off of amazon or similar?
I'm looking for a more factory solution. How doesn't the factory offer such a mount?? Does anyone with a 2016 RAM 2500 have a factory front license plate mount?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm looking for a more factory solution. How doesn't the factory offer such a mount?? Does anyone with a 2016 RAM 2500 have a factory front license plate mount?
I mean they look the same? If you want OEM no matter what, I wouldn't pay the crazy dealer prices. Possibly go to junk yards or possibly an aftermarket bumper place in the area and see if they have any from bumper take offs?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Long story short after waiting a year for the plates for my 2017 Ram 3500 due to the paperwork at the dealer being destroyed during hurricane HARVEY i finally got plates however first trip through mr carwash ripped it off and I was lucky the kid at the carwash cared enough to save my plate til I came back. I relocated the plate up so that the bottom of the plate aligns with the holes. I knocked out the Plastic tabs and used grade 8 bolts washers and blue loctite . The top of the plate rests on the bumper now instead of hanging off in thin air. I have run the truck from coast to coast and through 100 car washes easily. Plate is still going strong. There are no decent brackets I found.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Ram 1500, it came with a black plastic plate mount for the plate, it is molded to fit the bumper. It was under the back seat when I bought the truck. Here is a picture with it on my bumper, it doesn’t hang below the bumper.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts