DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really hoping you guys and gals can point me in the right direction. I recently bought a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi and so far it has been mean and awesome with regard to handling and power. I love going to the beach and I couldn't wait to play around with it. Two weeks ago I finally made it to South Padre Island and was surprised that the truck would lose power in the deep sand. It feels like it has some sort of governor that kicks in and out causing the engine to be unresponsive. I thought it was the traction control so I disengaged it and it seemed to work a little better. This past weekend I took the family back for more fun but this time I took my 26 foot Airstream Argosy along with a 65 gallon water tank, generator, 10 gallons of fuel, and groceries. Along the highway the truck pulls like a dream. Sadly once we got into the sand it bogged down immediately and I was forced to disconnect the trailer in order to free the truck. I've towed the same load with a 2005 4x4 GMC Canyon and a 2010 4x4 Ford F150 with a V6 and have never had this problem. I know my truck has the power but it feels like it is choking in the sand. I've searched online but haven't found any history of this problem so I turn to you fine folks. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
It is the traction control. Hitting the button to disable it helps, but it doesn't fully disengage. Prior to 2013, you could push and hold the button and it would fully disengage it, but on the 2013+ models that doesn't work any more. I haven't found any other way to turn it off on mine...pretty frustrating, really!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. I'll have to figure out how to completely shut if off or the truck is useless to me. I'll post if I find a solution.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thank you, I'd sure like to know if you do figure something out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know that on my '10 it will completely shut it off if you put it in 4 Low. Not sure about the '14,or if you have the Auto 4x4 and how that works.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.