DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Dodge 1500 3 hours ago.
I only have a couple miles on it, though read the break-in period is 300 miles.

My question is, I'm going to be towing with this truck sometimes. We'll be hauling a 2-Horse trailer rated at 2,450 pounds along with 2 horses. So were gonna play it safe and say with everything, it's 5,000 pounds.

I still have to get a hitch and what not, though am wondering when is a good time I could start towing with the truck? Won't be doing anything crazy yet, just around town.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I just bought my Dodge 1500 3 hours ago.
I only have a couple miles on it, though read the break-in period is 300 miles.

My question is, I'm going to be towing with this truck sometimes. We'll be hauling a 2-Horse trailer rated at 2,450 pounds along with 2 horses. So were gonna play it safe and say with everything, it's 5,000 pounds.

I still have to get a hitch and what not, though am wondering when is a good time I could start towing with the truck? Won't be doing anything crazy yet, just around town.
Just drive the the Ram like you would any other daily driver. Your only limits will be for the first 300-miles: No hard wide open drag racing starts; Nothing in the bed; and no towing. After the 300-miles, you can have all the fun you want in your new Ram.

:dtrocks:

·
That guy
3,097 Posts
I always try to wait at least 500 (that's the HD break in anyway) before I tow but I would not say its mandatory.

Enjoy the truck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give it until 300 miles. I'll tow lightly with it around town. About 10-12 miles. Then come 500+ I'm gonna take it out a bit further, easily of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.