DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Short version—by chance I had the battery cable off the ground side. I placed my basic light tester on the ground side and touched the engine and the tester lite up. Still does, something is shorting out but I haven’t been able to determine where. We thought it was the starter— when you hit the key the solenoid would only half kick in. We replace the battery at the same time.
We unhooked every connector in the tipm/doc, the two connectors to the PCM, the starter cable to the solenoid ( left the smaller wire that runs to the key switch on the solenoid. Cleaned the grounds in front of the left tire, the one on the left fender and the right fender. One of the puddle lites were outing the right mirror so I disconnected that and disconnected the power steering, and Abs module . Reconnect the battery and the engine still has 12 v running through it. If you turn the key the starter solenoid will click as if we still had the starter cable attached to the solenoid. I’m stumped. Does anyone have any idea the code scanner has multiple codes from throttle body open to transmission codes — I assume bc the truck isn’t running at the time.
where should I look next besides purchasing another truck ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts