DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, time to bite the bullet and get my wife a new car! We purchased our first Dodge for me a few months back and I now have 19,000 miles on it and I love it! That being said I think it's time to add another Dodge to the familly so I am headed to our local Dodge dealer tomorrow after work to check out the new Journeys. I am planning on buying a FWD SXT. Just looking for a little feeback. Pros and cons. Thanks.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
A friend of mine has a 2011 RT and she loves it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine has a 2011 RT and she loves it.
I read the Edmund review and they say that out of the competitors like the Toyota Rav 4, Honda Pilot, and Chevy Equinox the Journey was not their favorite for several reasons but to me it seems that you get way more for your money with the journey and it looks pretty sharp too. Thats why I want to hear from the actual owners.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I have found instead of reviews, drive them yourself. Those reviewer guys are usually bias and I wouldn't trust what they say.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
In the 2012 MotorTrend SUV of the year competiton, the Journey placed really high (think top five). It was the surprise of the year in most of the reviewers eyes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased the Journey today and so far we love everything except there is no auto headlights. You would think that in 2011 if you pay 25k for a vehicle that would be standard. I haven't had to turn on headlights since my first car in high school. Got 28 MPG on the interstate.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
that is a pretty small complaint! i wouldn't consider turning on my own headlights as a hinderance, as it takes less then one second and is one of the easier things you can do in a vehicle. congrats on the purchase!!! enjoy!!!

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
COngrats on your new ride. I've noticed on my ram if I leave headlights on after turning off and taking out keys the computer shuts them down in 60 seconds. You may want to check that out. they come right back on when starting up next time

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is a pretty small complaint! i wouldn't consider turning on my own headlights as a hinderance, as it takes less then one second and is one of the easier things you can do in a vehicle. congrats on the purchase!!! enjoy!!!
Yeah the headlights is a small complaint. Matter of fact it's not really a complaint but we purchased the car Monday and Tuesday morning my wife gets in the car and the check engine light is on at 80 miles. I took it to the dealership and learned that it came off the truck with the check engine light on. They said there was some sort of a short and they thought it was fixed so now they had to order parts and they will be in tomorrow. I did not take a pic yet but I will when we get it back. We do love the car though!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I purchased the Journey today and so far we love everything except there is no auto headlights. You would think that in 2011 if you pay 25k for a vehicle that would be standard. I haven't had to turn on headlights since my first car in high school. Got 28 MPG on the interstate.
That's odd. Our first Journey (a 2009 SXT) had auto headlights and so does our current 2010 Journey SXT. We have loved our Journey's - had the 3.5L V6 in both and got 26 mpg hwy.

We bought the '09 new in March 2008, but ended up trading it in 3 years later (almost to the day) due to a CAN C bus issue - all the dash lights were cycling on and off and we were out of warranty. Ended up taking home a slightly used 2010 Journey SXT (30K miles) with the same options only the '10 has a roof rack and radio controls on the back side of the steering wheel (wife loves that option). Purchased the Add Care warranty with the '10.

Beside the Can C Bus issue the only issue our '09 had was replacing the brake pads at only 22K miles though Dodge did reimburse me in full later.

Congrats on your purchase. We would have loved to have purchased a '11 Journey (test drove a Crew model) but it was too rich for the wallet. The 3.6L Pentastar is awesome and I like the new interior.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well got the car back yesterday and this morning the check engine light is on again. It has 180 miles on it and went in the shop today for a second time. They said there gonna keep it for a few days to figure it out. My wife hates me right now cause I talked her in to getting a dodge cause I love my truck so it's all my fault!

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
we just got a 2012 journey and its a great suv

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.