DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying the 2012 dodge charger srt8 but my dad wants to buy a 2016 or 17 rt charger because he believes they will hold their value longer than the srt8 because it's from 2012 so what do you guys think??? The bottom line is he is recommending me not to spend 20k+ on a car from 2012

·
Red Trucking Admin
3,493 Posts
SRT's always hold value better than R/T's (are you looking at 5.7 R/T's or Scat Packs?), though right now with COVID and the chip shortage prices are up on everything. What's the mileage on the SRT? Is it a regular SRT or a Super Bee? I paid $26k for mine two years ago with about 70k miles on it. The newer cars have the 8sp trans and will get better mileage but are down 100hp from the '12 SRT. They also have more updated versions of Uconnect and cluster from the older car. The older car has better brakes and suspension (3 mode) and usually bigger wheels with better tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking at a 2012 regular srt8 charger with 78k miles clean title for 20,000 and I'm thinking of buying it because even tho it's a 2012 it still has almost the same interior as a 2016 or 17 rt charger and has more horsepower and bigger hemi it's just that my dad doesn't want me to buy the car just because it's a 2012 he says the 2016 charger rt will be worth more in the long run but i think the 2012 srt8 should hold its value because again even for a 2012 it has the same interior as theses newer rt chargers except the srt8 has a bigger hemi so what do you think???

·
Red Trucking Admin
3,493 Posts
Ok first, PUNCTUATION. Talk to text sucks. Punctuation breaks up your massive run on sentences. Makes it easier to understand you. I weep for the CA educational system. Like so:
I'm looking at a 2012 regular srt8 charger with 78k miles clean title for 20,000
Good price for it, especially if it's been well maintained.

I'm thinking of buying it because even though it's a 2012 it still has almost the same interior as a 2016 or 17 rt charger, has more horsepower and bigger hemi
Just like I said.

it's just that my dad doesn't want me to buy the car just because it's a 2012 he says the 2016 charger rt will be worth more in the long run
He's wrong. Look at current prices of SRT's vs R/T's all the way back to 2006. SRT's hold their value because of those three little letters. The only R/T's that really hold their values (and not nearly as much as the SRT's) are special editions and R/T SCAT PACKS.

I think the 2012 srt8 should hold its value because again, even for a 2012 it has the same interior as theses newer rt chargers except the srt8 has a bigger hemi so what do you think???
Interior has absolutely nothing to do with it LOL. It's the larger engine AND all the equipment I listed earlier that an SRT comes with that a pedestrian R/T does not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.