DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having issues with the locks in my Caravan

Bought it about 6 months ago used. Realized not long after that when using the locking button for the doors, the passenger side door in the van did not in fact lock.

I realized that the manual lock on the inside of that sliding door was jammed. I was able to apply some pressure, and got it to un-stiff itself, so it now locks with the passenger side door button. But then, anytime I used the locking button, that door unlocks, but makes a loud buzzing sound. If you push the lock, unlock, lock, unlock buttonw, the buzzing sound would get higher and higher pitched with each lock, almost as if the mechanism were building up tension or something.

Now, the driver side door lock doesn't work at all. I suspect it has something to do with that other door since it stopped working after I un-jammed the passenger door lock, but I don't know for sure (can't just be coincidence).

I'd like to find out a few things:

- Has anyone else experienced similar issues? What was the cause? What was the fix, and the cost?
- Is there a forum on here that walks me through removing the door panel on A)the passenger side sliding door. I want to look at the mechanism there. And B) the panel for the driver side lock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess this forum is dead?

One of my rear sliding doors on my '12 will not lock with the remote or the power button, but they lock manually fine for me. I think I have a different issue.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, going to try a different forum for my question also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts