DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
The seal around the third brake light is leaking. I went to Home Depot and got a roll foam weather seal tape and made a new seal for mine. Works great. I think I got 3/8 X 5/16.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does yours have a power sliding rear window? If so check the rear window track for water when it rains. I was having the same issue with my 08 and after sealing the rear window I moved to the 3rd brake light neither fixed the issue. I finally got it stopped by putting a dab of culk on the slider(I don't use the rear sliding window)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2008 has had the same problem. First time the dealer replaced the 3rd brake light to the tune of about $400. Argued the second one down to $200. Fixed the problem. Let’s see for how long. Next time I will try to seal myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3rd brake light seems likely. Noticed a faint water stain on the headliner, so rain must be coming from above. Only other thing up top is the XM antenna. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Its easy to pull it and reseal,once removed you can see where the water was coming in, the 3rd brake light, just use some clear waterproof silicon and clean up after it spreads out, no more problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts