DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm Joe, a longtime guest viewer of this forum and new member.

I am a longtime Dodge owner, 2 Intrepids (93, 95ES), one Plymouth GV (95), and currently own a 99 GC se and 01 Dakota. I have been looking at the recent rebates on the 08 and 09 GC's, and want to hear from owners of the 08's as to their satisfaction with the new van. I am a bit hesitant to spend $ 25k for a new vehicle, when our 99 is still running fine. With the economy, the potential bankruptcy of Chrysler, GM, Ford, and the recent Consumer Reports negative review of the Chrysler minivansl, I have to think it would be a risky move to buy now. My wife and I are really interested in the 25l package on the 08 vans, and have found about 5 in Marathon Blue within 200 miles of us, so we have contacted all of the dealers to see who has the best deal. With the removal of that color for 09, we are debating waiting a few years and buying the 08 Marathon Blue used, or pulling the trigger this weekend and buying now. Any and all information/reviews/recommendations will be greatly appreciated. This is an all or nothing decision for us, we are not considering any other vehicles, just keep the 99 running a few more years, or trade it in on the 08.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just sold our beloved 2k Caravan after buying an 08.
Good vehicle, outstanding rebates. I think there's even a tax rebate for new vehicles bought this year? (bought mine last Oct). Find someone who's connected to Dodge and see if you can get a family/friend discount. It'll save you another $1500-$2000.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We just traded in our 2000 GC for a 08 GC SE. We love the new body style, it seems so much roomier, and solid. We got a great deal on our 08, it was used by a Dodge Rep but loaded for a SE-MyGig, stowngo etc, but we did price out 09s. We were at around 21k including our trade in, that was for a SE loaded. 24k seems decendt for a sxt but you might be able to get a 08 sxt for 22-23. We were like you didn't know whether to keep our 00 or buy a new one, I'm glad we did not just because we love the van but because the deals on chrysler product right now are crazy, keep looking and deal you should be able to get everything you want for the price you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.