Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im going on my 4th dealer visit today

Problems are drop to 500rpm at redlights,squeeky dash,wierd steering noises lost steering once"

Replaced my throttle body so far. my tech said he test drove another 08 hemi that had the same rpm drop and he said he called dodge and there is no fix.

It is a software issue they say. This is REALLY getting old when someone rides in my truck they think its a 20 year old farm truck.

I cant be the only one with these issues

do i just have a lemon :./

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Sorry, but I believe I would start looking into your local "lemon laws".

:VHOT:

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
i agree something is not right lemon

·
Registered
837 Posts
I would lemon it..................... Its a new vehicle. Thats not right.

·
Registered
145 Posts
well my drops to 500 rpm when im at a light dosnt go below that doesnt feel like its going to stall and doesnt run rough so i figure its pretty much normal on my vehicle

·
Lovin My Ram
525 Posts
never does that for my 08. idle stays around 600 and never leaves.

but i do HAVE AN ANNOYING SQUEEK IN MY PASS SEAT

do u know how sh!tty it is when every bump, hill, corner, movement from pass. is made u hear a squeek?

i am ready to kill! but its cold (-30 C) and i have NO LOVE to lub the support thingy

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea when my rpm drops my truck starts shaking.

sigh, ill see after tommorow what they say,

I may talk to them about trading it in tommorow

any tips?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

do u know how sh!tty it is when every bump, hill, corner, movement from pass. is made u hear a squeek?

i am ready to kill! but its cold (-30 C) and i have NO LOVE to lub the support thingy
yes i have the seat creeking noise when i get in truck move around

and a whole new set of squeeks on bumps taht never happen when dnealer has it

pisses me off that they dont seem to care about my squeeky ass dash :/

I really don't wanna go through the lemon law bs :(
i have wanted to mod the truck but kept waiting tillevery thing was fixed first.... im so tired of this bs and them not taking all my concerns seriously
:bawl:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
mine idles between 500 -600
but dont shake

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine isnt idling at that it randomly dips to that at 90% of stoplight

idle is normally 650-700 when it doenst act up

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Mine idles at 600 on the dot. No squeeky dash (thank the lord). But I do have a squeek in my drivers seat. What I do to fix that is slam my seat all the way back and hit the handle once good and it goes away for a month or two.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have an 08 too and I haven't had one problem that I haven't caused myself because I beat the hell out of it runs like a champ starts no matter how hot or cold no noises or anything. Sounds like you guys picked out the wrong trucks from the lot.

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts

Is it when you first start going or is the squeek always there in the passenger seat because I know once my truck warms up the squeek in my drivers seat is gone.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its done it hot or cold the seet creeking never stops
the dash squeek is worse on cold days

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
First I'd tell the dealer you think you've got a lemon, and ask them if they'll swap you out for another one. If not, then lemon law it, and don't necessarily hold it against dodge that one slipped through.

·
Lovin My Ram
525 Posts
yea its still try and get it traded to another one. afterall those 08's sold VERY WELL for a reason right?

they are amazing trucks and besides the 4wd auto and the squeeky seat everything is golden with my truck..u just got the wrong one..

everything will get fixed soon

·
Registered
630 Posts
yea its still try and get it traded to another one. afterall those 08's sold VERY WELL for a reason right?

they are amazing trucks and besides the 4wd auto and the squeeky seat everything is golden with my truck..u just got the wrong one..

everything will get fixed soon
I think the reason they sold so well was because Dodge whacked almost 50% off the MSRP...I'm gonna knock on wood, my truck has been great!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
My 08 has been fine except for some roughness( feel like skipping )when in MDS mode.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.