DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started receiving code about a month ago and have replaced the plugs, camshaft sensor, and crankshaft sensor. After each replacement the truck will do okay with no codes for 3-4 days then when I get into truck to go to work, the check engine light comes back on with the same code P0300 and running rough. I noticed that if I get into the truck and start it up, cold, and just let it idle that the rpm will drop to around 600-700 and run rough then the light comes on. As I said, after replacing the plugs first, it did fine for 3-4 days, then light came on, also same thing with both sensors. I've been able to drive it for past 4 days after replacing both sensors then when I got in the truck this morning and proceeded to work the light came on and upon checking code it was once again P0300, but after going into the house to let my wife know I have to drive her car again, (she wasn't too happy) I went back out to check the code and it comes up with "done" instead of P0300. Help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Code P0300 is a Random misfire ! There should be another code accompanying it like code P0308 which would indicate that there is a misfire on cylinder #8. What truck are you working on and which engine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh I put the "2008 Dodge Dakota 3.7" in the title, wasn't sure if I should also put it in the text. P0300 is the only code, check by several different computers on multiple days. No other code comes up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts