DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a Dakota, I am wanting a smaller truck. I really like my trucks loaded with all the frills. I was on the Dodge website today and there are 3 different 4 wheel drive systems, I noticed it said on there features section that the AWD system was a 4 position switch and it seemed to indicate that it might include all the same functions as the part time system, plus a full time mode. Does the AWD system have a 2wd mode????? Also whats the difference in the 2 different part time systems they are described on the site as being exactly the same???

I really like the TRX Off-Road pkg with the off road wheels and tires and the fender flairs, but it sucks, because I want white and its not availble in white. Its also not availble with the larrimie pkg, and leather is not an option. So in order to get white I would have to order it as a laramie and add off road tires after the fact. I was wondering if those TRX pkg fender flairs can be added or are the panels or bumbers not compatable? I like the OEMs only, I am not big on aftermarket flairs.

Another question came up when one part of the Dodge website indicated the Laramie wich has a standard V8, had the 3.55 gears and onther part said it had a standard 9.25 rearend with 3.92 gears. Are the 3.55s available with the V8, and if so is it still the larger 9 and quarter rear end with limmited slip, or does it drop to the 8.5 without limmited slip??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.