DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2007 ram hemi 4x4 1500 with a 2 inch leaving kit and some new 305x55x20 cooper stt pro's and I have a towing question. We put twin turbos on a buddy of mines Camaro and were needing to take it to Houston for tuning purposes and were from Baton Rouge. You think the truck can pull the Camaro and u haul trailer about 650 miles round trip safely? It's a v6 Camaro so it weighs about 4000 lb max and idk how much the trailer weighs, so let's say about 6000lb total weight. If it can do safely do you have. Any suggestions? Use tow/ haul mode? How fast is good? What is safe? I have the 3.92 gears also. Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Engine wise I'm sure you will be fine. Myself I would consider getting a trailer brake controller for the truck and buy/use/rent/borrow a trailer with brakes. Most usually trailers designed to haul vehicles have brakes so it shouldn't be a big deal to get one. I would try regular mode first, but if the transmission shifts frequently use Tow/Haul. I wouldn't speed at all just keep to the speed limit. Biggest safety concern is trailer brakes and properly setting up your brake controller.

Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
You're ok regarding the engine. No worries. AS for the mode, I would recommend the regular one at first and do not drive it too fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts